Help

BusyBoard

Union

>

TheElphaba

Union
Old 02-21-2019, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I posted something the other day about Unions and from the response I received the majority of people work in a large district. I know that unions are different around the country but I kinda want to let people know what is going on in my neck of the woods.

Very small school. We have maybe 15 teachers on staff. A lot of us are in the union because of safety. 3 of our members have turned ....1 of them has a husband on the school board, 1 of them kept talking to a secretary about our business who then shared it with the supt., and 1 is just following her buddy.

We have a new superintendant that is a total narcisstic butthole. The school board of 5 members that are so blinded with his bs it is ridiculous. They sit at every board meeting playing on their phone or Ipad. There is never a discussion on matters.....they done via the phone BEFORE the board meeting, which I think is illegal here in MT.

It has been a very rough year so far and I mentioned in one post that no one feels safe except perhaps the teacher who has a husband on the board. The overall morale is very LOW......and I don't understand why people can't see through this monster. He even got his wife hired at the school who is now the highest paid teacher on staff and she does absolutely nothing to deserve that amount. He does many things that are illegal and the union does call him on it, which he in turn gossips about it in the office and blames all the unpleasantness on the union.

Is there anyone else out there that is dealing with something like this???

TheElphaba is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 02-21-2019, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What does the union President say?

I dont know what state youre in but the person above the union President is the uniserv director. They work in conjunction with the the state union. If I were in your shoes Id find out who my uniserv director was and contact that person. Id document everything that was going on and take that to the Uniserv person and see what he or she suggests. When you document, just take the facts.

I feel like you may have some actionable grounds.

Our uniserv director is amazing.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Is there a local newspaper?
Old 02-26-2019, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do they have a reporter attending Board meetings and noting what goes on? Our paper LOVES to catch the board out on violating open meeting laws. Perhaps an anonymous call from a burner phone bought in a different county might get some sunshine placed on the board and superintendent.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote