Help

BusyBoard

Goose chase

>

Teacherbee_4

Goose chase
Old 03-07-2019, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really want to do a "Goose Chase" scavenger hunt with my students. I found a pre-made one that fits what we are doing. I think it's a great activity, especially for a Friday!

Do the students need an app to play it, though? Or can they use the website? I notice it said the app is for the iPhone or android. Can it go on an iPad? Chromebook? We have 8 iPads and 12 chrome books that my students can use, but our tech guy would have to put the app on, and I feel bad if it's this short notice. Many of my 5th graders do have their own phone and they could put it on their phone, but I'm hesitant to let 5th graders do this. Plus, I know in the past when they tried downloading apps at school, it didn't work...it was too slow and it just kept going through the installing process and never actually installed.

Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Room205

Old 03-09-2019, 05:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love goose Chase!

I am fairly sure it works on iPads, but don't know about Chromebooks.

In the past, when I have wanted my kids to use personal devices for a school activity, I've emailed parents and asked them to download the free app prior to their child coming to school.

This serves two purposes - no need to spend precious class time downloading apps (which always seems to run into problems!) and I'm telling the parents that yes, we will actually be using their child's personal device for a learning experience.

Good luck!
Room205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Thanks...
Old 03-09-2019, 07:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks! I was able to catch our tech guy and he put it on our iPads. The students loved it!

I have a free account. When we set up the game, it said I could only have 3 teams. Is this right? I only created 3 teams and it worked fine, but I think it would have worked better if we had more teams. With a free account can I have more teams?
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote