Center Activities

group names

>

wissam

wissam

group names
Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

hi everyone, i am doing my class as a smurf theme and i divide my kg class into 3 roups for center work, i started with three different colours as the group names but i dont think they enjoy it, and need help for choosing the name of the groups.

Alicia G

Old 10-08-2011, 03:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know a thing about the Smurfs, but your situation reminds me of a Simpsons episode where there are three reading groups: Gold, Silver, and Brown. Poor Bart is in brown and of course he's smart enough to know that's not good...

Are there Smurf characters that the groups could be named after (the only one I know is Papa and I don't like that myself)? Or Smurf village names?
Alicia G is offline   Reply With Quote

BlueLupine

Natural features or hues of blue
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You could emphasize the environment of the village by using names like toadstools, flowers, ferns, etc. I had the same thought as the previous post about making sure the names are all considered equal, which you could ensure by rotating the groups periodically. Another idea is to use many different hues of blue, such as sky, aquamarine, azure, indigo... maybe look through a big box of crayons or a paint for ideas. I think Kinders would find it fun to know such special words.
BlueLupine is offline   Reply With Quote