The VENT

Sooo stressed

>

Lostinsped

Lostinsped

Sooo stressed
Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It has been a really hard year in my special ed class and it keeps getting harder. I don't have 25 years in yet and so I cannot retire. Feeling trapped in a situation that is causing me stress. Up all night, stomach ache - ugh! DH doesn't understand and says just do your best. I have been doing my best for 20 years!! (I have been in special ed for 3 years) I feel like I should be able to deal with this but for some reason I can't. Besides the students, there is such drama going on behind the scenes. I stay away from it but at times I get pulled in because I am always trying to be nice and help out. Feeling disheartened and defeated. I just want to stop worrying and trying to be perfect. At my age, I should be enjoying my life more and I should realize that worrying doesn't help anything - but yet here I am unable to relax and let go of it.

Thanks for letting me vent - I just want to get a good night's sleep and stop the worrying.

Guest 5512

Guest 5512

No advice, just understanding
Old 03-15-2019, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hope you were able to get some rest.

Your comments articulate what so many teachers are feeling these days. Sadly, that isnít much comfort. I think this is why so many teachers are questioning the viability of our profession if it continues on its present course.

Testyteach

I understand completely
Old 03-15-2019, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been at my current school for just 4 years, but 3 of those years I get the sped cluster. It's burned me out, and no one on my grade level steps up to do it. So I resigned back in January because I feel that I'm not given the same consideration as the other teachers so I will just leave. I'll finish this year, but not return next year. The behaviors I've had have taken a toll and if this is what teaching is every year then I definitely won't be returning. I'm so relieved that I haven't committed to a contract as of yet.
Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

((Hugs)) to you!
Old 03-15-2019, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We are all human....We will not be perfect. I feel the same way about enjoying life and too much drama.
Is there anyway you could tell yourself that you will work __ yrs more( 1-2)
knowing that you put all that $ in to buy a couple of yrs for retirement?
Sometimes we can endure more easier if we know the end is near.
By buying a couple of yrs, it should make it more doable. Just an idea!
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote
McGarrett

McGarrett

I Worry Too
Old 03-16-2019, 07:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am in another area of education, but the worrying doesn't end. I don't have stress like you, but it is enough to still aggravate me. I have about six more years left until I can retire. I enjoy working, but there are things that occur beyond our control. This is what's difficult.

MightyTeach

Old 03-16-2019, 09:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I finally did sleep - still a bit stressed. Thank you for all of your responses - I like your idea Summerwill! I am going to map out a plan and focus on reaching my goal! Thanks so much! It helps to hear from others who understand!!
MightyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote