BusyBoard

Help- coming back after leave!!

>

WordFountain

Help- coming back after leave!!
Old 04-12-2019, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi Everyone,
Iíve been on maternity leave with my first child since the beginning of Nov... I go back very soon. I have mixed emotions. I teach 3rd grade, Iím breastfeeding & will be pumping at work. I also commute an hour each way & itís right before state testing.

Iím sad to leave my little guy (heíll be home with family so that helps), I honestly love being a SAHM. I just need to get to June then Iím home with my lilí man all summer.

Please help me with any & all tips to make a smooth transition. TIA

WordFountain is online now   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 04-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congratulations on becoming a mom! Itís hard, but once you get a routine itís fine. I made freezer meals. I did everything the night before: clothes, bags packed... I spent time with my kids and did any schoolwork after they went to sleep. I tried to do most of the work in school. If you can, get a cleaning person every two weeks. I found myself cleaning the bathrooms on Saturday night at 11:00. You will be fine and summer is almost here.
mommy9298 is online now   Reply With Quote

rusty

Old 04-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Congrats and I know it will be difficult to leave that little guy....but you can do this!!! Make a cute poster to put on your classroom door while you're pumping so nobody bothers you. Take good care of yourself....and keep up that positive thinking...June is soon! Good luck and maybe your family can send you pictures and/or updates during the day to help you know all is fine and he'll be happy to see Mommy when you get home.
rusty is online now   Reply With Quote

teach123

Old 04-12-2019, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You've gotten good advice already. In regards to pumping, I did it for a year with my last one . We use a do not disturb sign with a cow on it for our door when pumping. I also bought a car charger adapter and pumped on the way to work and back. I would pull over and unhook myself and just leave the milk in the bottle. Once I pumped at school, i put the milk in the fridge and rinsed the parts. It was a pain but so worth it. The first few weeks, nurse as much as possible when at home. My asst. principal covered for me when we were state testing and I needed to pump. Enjoy your summer with your little one!
teach123 is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for your encouraging words & tips.

Hereís another question: How about the transition back into the classroom? My LTS is good but she tweaked some routines & procedures to work for her .. I want to be consistent for my class but I donít necessarily want to continue how she did things. Is it essentially like Iím doing it over the first week or so that Iím back? How does that work? We have testing in 3 weeks so I canít really waste instruction time on those things. I think Iím just overthinking this because Iíve been gone for so long and Iíve never been in this boat before. So, any tips and advice from your experiences would be helpful. Thanks!!

WordFountain is online now   Reply With Quote