Help

BusyBoard

Need advice

>

Unforgettable

Need advice
Old 04-14-2019, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone! I have a question and I would love to receive some advice, especially if youíve been in a similar situation.

Iím looking to transfer to another district. The district Iím interested in has posted a job announcement that Iíve already applied to in their system. Typically, after I apply for a job I email the principal to introduce myself and express interest in the job. However, in this districtís job announcement it states ďPlease do not contact local schools.Ē

Would you email the principal anyway or respect the rules of the district? I donít want to send the email and have myself blacklisted because of it, but thereís a small part of me that wants to at least introduce myself.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Unforgettable is offline   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 04-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If the job announcement says not to contact the school, I wouldn't contact the school. I can see why you would want to, but it shows disregard for their directions and will make it look like you feel rules don't apply to you. If they are getting 20 or 40 applicants per teaching job and every candidate ignores that direction, it adds a lot of work to the school admin to read and reply to all of those emails beyond whatever procedures they have in place for hiring.

Use your cover letter and write an awesome thank you note after an interview to stand out in the hiring process.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Old 04-15-2019, 01:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Better follow the directions! There must be a reason that they state that . You don't want to stand out as someone who disregards their "rules". Especially in this climate when the news is filled with entitlement issues.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote