Help

BusyBoard

Holy Saturday song

>

Teacherbee_4

Holy Saturday song
Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, I teach in a Catholic school. Tomorrow Id like to do activities with my class for Holy Week, the Triduum in particular. I have everything planned (way too many ideas, I probably wont get through them all!), but one thing I wanted to do is play a Christian contemporary song to introduce each day of the Triduum before going into activities related to that day. I have a song Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Does anyone have any ideas for Holy Saturday?

Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 04-17-2019, 11:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Isn't one of the points of the Good Friday Tenebrae service that after the clash/crash which symbolizes the closing of the tomb or the earthquake (depending on your tradition) that all lights are extinguished except the one candle symbolizing the light of Christ which is carried out of the church, and everyone leaves in absolute silence. In a way, that silence is not broken until Sunday morning and the Resurrection.

I'd have the kids sit in silence with that one candle for five minutes on Holy Saturday.Not much happened on Holy Saturday that is recorded in the Gospel. I'd tell them it was a time of fear and confused waiting for the followers of Jesus. I think silence is appropriate and powerful for everyone including children.

Full disclosure, I'm no longer Catholic but Methodist.
Cassyree is online now   Reply With Quote