Help

The VENT

I hate state testing.

>

kerrysgirl

I hate state testing.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We got scores back today and now I have an 8th grader who is pissed that she didn't pass and is blaming me. I can't help it if she reads on a 2nd grade level and can't pass a state test. I've followed all of her accommodations to the letter. She needs a resource class!!

No advice needed. Just tired of being the "blame" when things go wrong. I did my job. I can't fix something that's been an issue for years. BTW: she IS showing progress this year over last. Just not enough to get that passing score.

kerrysgirl is online now   Reply With Quote

annon4this

state test
Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Are you in Texas? I teach 5th grade, and we are still waiting on our scores. Not only do the kids blame us when they fail, but so do campus administrators, as well as those higher up. Most administrators left the classroom because they couldn't deal with the stress of testing. Ughh! I am so over it! Last day is May 31, and then I'm outta here!
annon4this is offline   Reply With Quote

MyLifeClass

Texas
Old 04-26-2019, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm in Texas and we got pass/fail today but no actual scores
MyLifeClass is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Hated testing...
Old 04-26-2019, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We test in May and never would see the scores till the summer. I'm retired now, but my last class was very low for the most part. I was so happy knowing that I would never see the actual scores. I was a little surprised the principal didn't send them to us over the summer before the district took our email access down (three of us retired in June), but those students all go to a different building for the next grade, so it isn't her problem any longer either. I was always happy that even though we were a testing grade, our evaluations i not hinge on the results because the grade before us was not a testing grade so there was no way to measure growth by comparing scores from the two years.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

tgbwc

Almost immediately
Old 04-26-2019, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We can see the scores (through admin access) the day the test is completed. Those who don’t pass and fall within the retake range need remediation before they retake.

tgbwc is offline   Reply With Quote