Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

diabetic testing supplies online?

>

kerrysgirl

diabetic testing supplies online?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:48 PM

Does anyone order testing strips, etc. online? Trying to find a more reliable source for Mom in case she gets snowed in her house this winter and can't get out.

kerrysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach 5

Supplies
Old 12-05-2019, 04:54 PM

I order online from Amazon for my Dario meter.
Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 PM

I use Binson's to get my diabetic supplies. I'm on medicare and they call me when its time to re-order. I'm sure you can go on line to their website.

http://www.binsons.com/
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

diabetic supplies
Old 12-05-2019, 05:51 PM

I ordered some on Amazon when they arrived the test strips were near the expiration date. I should have guessed the price was a bit to good to be true.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 12-05-2019, 06:29 PM

Not sure if this info helps, but my bf is diabetic and he wears a...I guess it is a monitor, on his arm. I think he needs a new one like every two weeks. It basically embeds into his upper arm (he said it just a small prick feeling, nothing painful) and he can check his blood sugar levels by scanning the monitor with his phone. He can do this as much as he wants. He is sooo much happier with it than he was with having to prick his finger and the test strips.

Just wanted to put that out there.

tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote

Lv2play

dexcom g6
Old 12-05-2019, 07:41 PM

I know this is not what you originally asked but my husband just got this cgm and he rarely uses his old meter. It seems to be pretty accurate. He has used two other types previously but have not been as successful. This also has the capability to send alerts to your cell phone. These supplies are sent through the mail. His comes from wal-greens online.
Lv2play is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

tammynj
Old 12-06-2019, 04:48 AM

my DD has the same type of monitor. However, she has it on her abdomen not her arm, seems to be more out of the way. She also has it connected to her iphone. Like you bf she can check it whenever, her iphone also has two different sounds, one will sound if her blood sugar dips too low, a different sound will dip if her blood sugar is too high. The funny part to me is that after it sounds the phone shows a message that tells her what she has to do.

My DD has had great success in regulating her blood sugar by being on a keto diet. Just mentioning it in case your bf is looking for ways to try to keep his blood sugar level.

Kerrygirl, maybe your mom should stock pile some test strips, etc? Just in case.
chipmunky is online now   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 12-07-2019, 06:29 AM

I've ordered test strips from Amazon and not had a problem, but I do worry that they could be exposed to high/low temperatures and it would cause them to not be accurate. I would just make sure she has an extra supply on hand for the winter.
forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
my DD has the same type of monitor. However, she has it on her abdomen not her arm, seems to be more out of the way.
Huh. I wonder if he would like that better. I do not think there were any options for him, as to where to place it (either than, I assume, which arm). The thing is, it has come off a few times. A few months ago, we did a ropes obstacle course and he discovered it was gone afterwards. I wonder if it would be less likely to fall off if placed elsewhere on body.
tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote