Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I feel sorry for retail workers right now

>

Zephie

I feel sorry for retail workers right now
Old 12-14-2019, 09:20 AM

Because they have to deal with stupid customers like me when they are usually temporary staff and donít really know the system.

Ok, really I wasnít a stupid customer, but I didnít realize I had another $20 in my pocket before she hit the split charge button and I could have paid for my whole thing without doing the split charge. I really didnít want to put it on a card if I didnít need to do so.

She had to get the manager to fix it and I felt bad for it because I was holding up the line and making her nervous.

This is when I need a facepalm emoji on here.

Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

bison06

Old 12-14-2019, 11:06 AM

Last night I had my first shift at Target. They didnít have time to train me on the floor, so I did the register for 8 hours (minus breaks). It was better than I expected. I had to ask for help a few times, but everyone was pretty friendly (employees and customers). I could tell a couple customers were annoyed because coupons didnít work for what they thought they would... but overall it was a positive experience. Target has a great user friendly system. It was so busy, time flew and it was way less stressful than my last months teaching (I quit just over a year ago, 2 months in at a new district).
bison06 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 12-14-2019, 07:24 PM

Don't beat yourself up. I think we have all been there at one time or another!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Vet3Teacher

Old 12-15-2019, 09:59 AM

I work at a bookstore that also sells wine, desserts, coffee and cheese/meat plates. The chaos is when people want to split EVERYTHING! Well because of our wine tax, we can't split that. The wine is pretty spendy. BUT! it gets me tips.

I love the hustle of the season, but it's even more fun to see people shop for the ones they love.
Vet3Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

retail
Old 12-15-2019, 01:20 PM

I've been pleasantly surprised that the stores have had nice workers this year.

The only one that was "snippy" was at Shoe Carnival yesterday. At the register, I asked if my coupon would work with the buy one get one half off. He said something like, "It depends on what the coupon is". I told him it was $10. off $59. and asked if I needed to pull it up on my phone (sometimes they have them ready to scan) and he told me the total price of my order. I asked if he took off the coupon (again, thinking he had scanned it) and he made a snippy comment about "You didn't show me a coupon". I pulled it up on my phone and held it up to him. It took off the $10., so it was worth the rudeness but still unnecessary.

Thankfully that was the first and only incidence so far, and I've done a lot of shopping.

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 PM

We did a little shopping at the mall yesterday and it was a bit hectic in some stores. With each cashier, I made eye contact with them and chatted briefly and when I left, I said I hope their day goes well and is not too long. Just wanted them to know that others recognize that it is a sucky time to work retail!

Hey, at least the cashier will know how to do that next time! I am sure you were pleasant about it.
tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote