Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Airing of Grievances

>

cruxian

Airing of Grievances
Old 12-23-2019, 10:43 AM

In the spirit of Festivus, feel free to air any grievances you might have.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Clarity

Jeez. Don't get me started.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:49 AM

Okay. My freaking bathroom is STILL not done!! Started in September. This contractor is just a big liar. I don't believe anything he says any more. His latest excuse: he had to go to Florida because his dad has throat cancer.

I can't even bring myself to inquire about his father, because I am assuming this is just one more lie. I should give him a copy of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" for Christmas.
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

Festivus
Old 12-23-2019, 10:50 AM

Happy Festivus!
How can we air our grievances if we have not yet had our Festivus Dinner?
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 12-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Ugh Clarity! Iím so sorry!
Cvt lol. Thought Iíd start early. Iíve got a number lol but am waiting until Iím not on my phone to type line.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 12-23-2019, 11:37 AM

After 24 years of marriage, dh wants to start being overly involved in our budget. You can guess how that's going...

Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 12-23-2019, 11:43 AM

After years of me wanting to go to other countries, someone at work told dh how they went to Germany using miles to pay for their trip.

Now, all of a sudden, dh is planning a trip to, yep, you guessed it, Germany. He was stationed in Germany when in the army, but has never talked about wanting to go back. Now he is planning a German vacation for this summer. Have I ever shown an interest in going to Germany? Never. I have wanted to visit Europe (France, England, ITaly, Nederlands) but never mentioned Germany.

I know I will enjoy it, but it is so annoying. I sure hope that we can at least see some of the surrounding countryside...

Oh, yes, we will. Today he shared his idea of renting a motorcycle for our day trips. Great. Now I have to go to a country I have not suggested visiting and I get the pleasure of doing it on the back of a motorcycle. I am putting duct tape over my helmet visor. I could have a heart attack thinking about it.

Just got this link from him- this is what he wants to do on a motorcycle https://www.colcorsa.com/tour/stelvio-pass/

Last edited by kahluablast; 12-23-2019 at 02:33 PM..
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 12-23-2019, 12:06 PM

My dd called at 6 am intentionally to wake me up and wish me a happy festivus.
sonoma is online now   Reply With Quote

bronxgirl75

Old 12-23-2019, 12:07 PM

After waiting for over a year for my 20th anniversary gift (H is a horrible gift giver-things seem to surprise him) we picked out a beautiful bling addition to my original engagement ring. It was perfect for me but atlas not under our tree this year due to him being stupid, immature and making a huge mistake at a UM game (There was no drunk driving or any driving done there). Aside from the gifts for Christmas that I gave my kids, I don't even think the gifts are from the amazon list. Kills me since I love buying gifts for him based on interests and he can't get it together after 20+ years of being together. Usually they are something I would never use or do. (I know this probably sounds petty)
bronxgirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 12-23-2019, 12:15 PM

bronxgirl~ Totally get what you are saying. My Dh went shopping for me the other night at WALMART!!! He KNOWS I hate Walmart and we go there 1-3x a week just "because" he likes it. Of ALL the places in the world he could shop for me, he chooses Walmart?!?!

He doesn't know it, but I plan on returning any junk he got me and getting a Walmart gift card to use for dry goods!

Men...(married 33 years...)
eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Ugh
Old 12-23-2019, 12:50 PM

My high maintenance, negative, draining siblings have been particularly annoying as of late.

travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 12-23-2019, 01:15 PM

both kids (DS's 20 and 22) are living with us---one because he's done with school (for now) and the other with his fiancee (for now) and her daughter while they save money to buy a house....they have been living with us for just over a year. i am sooooo done with all the messes they make and how oblivious they are about what has to get done around the house and no offer to ever make dinner......yes, i have created (finally!) a chore chart that will be presented soon.....

ah, that felt good to get off my chest to someone other than DH.

he asked, jokingly, the other day "are they going to live with us forever???" and then i saw that fiancee had bought ornaments for the tree to make it a new theme--she does a different theme each year and doesn't reuse the old ones. no wonder she's in debt! (i thought i was rubbing off on her--my goodwill ways--guess not)

annnnnnnnnd...their cat is ruining my nice furniture that 2 little boys/teenagers weren't able to do!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

medical appointments
Old 12-23-2019, 03:06 PM

I love living in downeast Maine. However...

There are simply not enough doctors around here. You can only get an appointment for about 4 months out. I need one now in order to get my oxygen concentrator fixed. No one will take me unless they have the records from my "old" doctor in Georgia. It's been like slogging through mud to get the Georgia doctor to send the records. Called them today to see what the hold up was, they gave me a number to call which is a central holding office for medical records, and that office says it takes 30 days to process the request.

So, no records sent for 30 days. No appointment given until the Maine doctor gets the record. No appointment scheduled for four months after they receive the records. No fixing of my oxygen concentrator without a doctor request. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was living just outside Atlanta where there probably aren't enough patients for all the doctors who practice there.

I could solve it all if I checked myself into the hospital. But I'm not sick. I JUST WANT MY MACHINE SERVICED!
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

sort of a grievance
Old 12-23-2019, 03:37 PM

I still haven't gotten my trusty old car back from the dealer after bringing it in for a simple airbag recall. It's been over two months. It was supposed to be a half day job, but it turned into a nightmare when the technicians broke a bolt, which needs to be replaced before they can do anything about replacing the airbag.

They won't release the car to me because they are afraid of a liability lawsuit in case I carry a passenger. The bolt had to be special-ordered from Japan and is on back order, and they are not sure when it will arrive. Initially they were going to give me a rental car for 3 days after which I was on my own, but after some very pointed discussion by DH, corporate headquarters granted me a rental until my car is fixed. Although I would love to get my car back, I do enjoy the new rental car.
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-23-2019, 04:39 PM

Drug Neighbor really needs to get a respectable day job. He and his cronies are out at all hours. Business seems good.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Izzy23

Old 12-23-2019, 04:46 PM

Took my senior kitty in to the vet for an ultrasound today. On top of being very worried about her, the vet way lowballed the estimated cost of treatment. She told me an ultrasound was about $300, but failed to mention the cost of analyzing the results, administering sedatives, etc. etc. which DOUBLED the price. I didn't find out how much it was truly going to be until I dropped my cat off. I still would have done the ultrasound, but tell me the truth about what it's going to cost!!

Once I have the diagnosis, we'll be seeing a different vet.
Izzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Old 12-23-2019, 07:48 PM

I canít get anyone to fix my knee. Iím feel like giving up.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

lovelife07

Old 12-24-2019, 04:15 AM

I know this is supposed to be a happy, jolly time. But... finances are tight and I wasn't able to buy gifts like usual. Hopefully nobody is disappointed. I have been upfront about it. My sweet 2 year old granddaughter has the flu... Ordered new glasses yesterday. I thought with my new insurance they'd be less but I ended up charging $210 more to our credit card!! And I took off the premium progressive lenses. I'm still getting progressive but I'm not sure what I'm giving up. Grrrr...

Still looking forward to Christmas though...
lovelife07 is offline   Reply With Quote

nucleus

Airing of the grievances
Old 12-24-2019, 12:00 PM

I don't want to hear how my brother could only get me a $5 gift. I am cool with any gift but it makes me feel badly when I know you spent money on yourself. I guess I'm just not that important.

I want my niece in law that is totally evil towards me to get over herself and play nice. She just cuts to the core with what she says and she hurts more than me.

I want to grieve myself for eating crap for two weeks. I worked so hard to lose weight and I know I've put a bit back on just to overindulge these two weeks.
nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote