Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Couch for basement question-LoveSac

>

Jackie

Couch for basement question-LoveSac
Old 01-18-2020, 01:09 PM

Anyone ever buy a LoveSac Couch or know anyone who has one? Are they comfortable? I'm nervous to buy something without sitting on it first.
Link I love how they can be arranged in different ways. We are about to start our basement renovation and in our home theater we need seating. There are only three of us in my house but we entertain a lot and would like more seating when others come over. The theater seats like this (Link) will only seat three people at all times. I would like to be able to have more seating at different times.

Jackie is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 01-18-2020, 01:17 PM

I think LoveSac is genius. I wish I were creative enough to come up with all the configurations. The mall where I used to live had a LoveSac store and the couch was comfortable for the short time I tried it. I see there’s a store in my closest mall here, too. Is there a store near you? I bought a lot of furniture online, but I don’t like buying sitting-furniture without sitting on it.

Another option is to get the recliners you link and have a bunch of beanbag chairs, too, so you can seat more people.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 01-18-2020, 03:03 PM

We were looking at LoveSac when we finished our basement , but we could not justify the price at the time for a piece of furniture that would be in a basement bar. You have to buy each piece AND the cover is extra. Just for sitting for 3 of us we needed 3 seats and 5 sides and that was close to $3K.

We had an in store demonstration and saw how the system works and really liked it. As far as comfort, it was ok...it was really nothing that we felt made us want to spend that much money.

We were able to get a sleeper sofa with Sunbrella fabric in a great color that is so comfortable for way less money!
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 01-18-2020, 04:03 PM

We have the giant pouf and we named it THE VORTEX because guarantee, you will fall asleep!

It is the comfiest thing ever. But it does take up a ton of space.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 01-18-2020, 04:45 PM

Could you do a bit of each along two walls? How big is your space? I'd love a basement space with theater seating!

anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-18-2020, 05:09 PM

We have a couch. I love it, and it's held up really well except for the back cushions. I think it's comfortable (although not as comfortable as the big recliner sofa my folks gave us ). But they can easily be replaced. We have a separate cover so it can be washed when needed. I had always planned on buying more pieces, and then they literally doubled the price and I just couldn't do it!

We also have one of the huge sacs like zia posted, and a big pillow rocker. They are both terrific.

ETA: the huge sac is a PITA when moving, but the couch is a dream!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 01-19-2020, 06:46 AM

Amiga,

I didn't realize they had a store. I checked and they have one in a mall not too far from me. I never go there because of the nightmarish traffic jams but I might make an exception to check out the couch. Thanks!

Zia-I was intrigued by those giant poufs! I definitely don't have room for one of them but wish I did. Maybe it's a good thing-I might never leave it to go to work lol.

Sbkangas5-Moving them into the basement was one of the reasons I was considering LoveSac. We have a curve (turn) in the stairs going to the basement. Those narrow turns makes moving furniture very difficult. We have a basement entrance from the outside but it is also narrow.
Jackie is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 01-19-2020, 03:31 PM

I looked at LoveSac when we were looking for a new couch. They don’t ship to us- so that ruled them out pretty fast.

I ended up getting this couch from Costco. Lots of ways to arrange it and the price was way less than LoveSac.

Oh-and my couch is super comfortable
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Ima
Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 PM

I have the same couch from Costco! We bought it for the same reason: the versatility to arrange it in our long & narrow family room. It is comfy
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote