Help

National Board Certification

C3 wc

>

teressawac

C3 wc
Old 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In the WC it states How did you establish a safe, fair, equitable, and challenging learning environment. My question is... If I am doing both videos on the same group of kids can I "kinda" put the same thing in both WC with regard to the safety, fair, equitable, and challenging learning environment? It is the same group of kids, so the safety will definitely be the same.

Any thoughts???

teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote

Shmance2018

Old 02-09-2019, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I really tried to gear mine towards what I could support with evidence from the video. For example, I have one kiddo with vision issues, so she needs preferential seating for whole group lessons. Also in WG, I talked about our classroom expectations for carpet time (I teach K): keeping our bodies to ourselves, sitting on our bottoms, etc. In the small group, I was able to focus on respectful discourse, rotation expectations, intentional groupings, and individualized instruction.

Those are general examples, but you get the idea. I think there will be overlap between the two, but I'd try to find specific and different examples you can support with evidence from the videos.

Hope that helps :-)
Shmance2018 is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 02-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The kids are the same, but are your decisions the same for different lessons? It's asking more about your structures than the students.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 02-11-2019, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My structures are the same. Safety never changes in my class. Fairness and equitable, I make sure that my students understand by telling and showing that fair doesn't always mean equal. I allow my students flexible seating and such to allow them the opportunity to do their best, and equitable I make sure that I call on all students and tend to go from side to side making sure I ask from all students and such things as that. I did switch the challenging learning environment because it was different for both lessons. Does this sound right????
teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote