Help

National Board Certification

C4 EC Gen PLN

>

Shmance2018

C4 EC Gen PLN
Old 02-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really thought I had figured these beast out, but I was so wrong. I'm currently struggling with the evidence piece for my PLN. Last school year my district rolled out an entire ELA curriculum with very little training, and we all felt really lost. We were also told we must implement it with complete fidelity, and we needed help. I became my school's K-2 curriculum lead through the district, and I go to trainings and come back and plan and lead PD with the 3-5 lead. I feel like that's all fine and good, but I'm a little stuck on the evidence.

I have notes my partner and I took to plan the PDs, but that doesn't show need. I also am not sure how to show impact on students. I plan to send a survey to the teachers at my school to get data on how they felt about using the curriculum last year vs. this year, and some questions to help show that their better understanding has impacted student learning. But that all feels a little weak.

I could pull schoolwide MTSS data on ELA, but I feel like there are far too many factors at play with that to say that our PDs had impact.

I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious here. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Shmance2018 is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For the PLN, it's about what your and/or colleagues needed to learn to be more effective. Ask colleagues if you helped them and how they know. That's how I developed my evidence.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Shmance2018

Old 02-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks Zia, that helps a lot, but I'm still not sure how to tie it back to better student outcomes. Or maybe I don't need to with PLN. Guess I'll re-read the directions for the millionth time :-)
Shmance2018 is online now   Reply With Quote