Help

BusyBoard

Narcissitic Boss

>

TheElphaba

Narcissitic Boss
Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Maybe this a rhetorical question, but "What do you do when you have a NARCISSTIC ADMIN."?

Small town with small school and small school board, but he has done a snow job on them. He spends money hand over fist, destroyed staff morale, put a wedge between classified and non-classified people, pitted teachers and students against each other, refuses to handle any discipline issues, destoyed some areas of classes. He goes after any body that doesn't feed into his ego.

I know this personally as he has come after some of the people I know. For a lot of us the atmosphere within the school is filled with tension. There is mistrust everywhere as he uses some staff members to spy on others and he watches us on cameras. Some teachers feel he has certain rooms bugged.

Our students are not getting the education they deserve, and our school board just are not the brightest tools in the shed so to speak as they just complacently ok everything he does. The board don't seem to care about any of this.

I know that some people work in larger school districts where things like this maybe are not as noticeable, but we have maybe 15 teachers so very obvious at times who he is after.

So many of us dread going to school every day because you don't know where he will strike next.

TheElphaba is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Ugh
Old 02-10-2019, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I worked for a narcissistic principal in a huge school district, and lots of people noticed. I was amazed that the active parent community at my school allowed her to get away with all of her nonsense.

Working for her was a nightmare. Can you transfer to another school next year?
travelingfar is online now   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

School Board
Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When you have a complacent school board, you need to take action. You also need to figure out who are your champions on the board and keep that person (or several people) regularly informed.

One thing I would do is keep the school board updated by writing anonymous letters mailed from several different post offices rather than your local one...or maybe your local post office would be OK if many staff members are from the community. I would not share what your are doing with any other staff members. Like you said, it is a small school in a small district.

You may need to be your own cheerleader...and there is nothing wrong with that.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

TheElphaba

Old 02-10-2019, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

How did you handle it on a daily basis? A lot of us are filled with anxiety and fear. So many of us don't want to go in. We go only because we care about the students. I myself am filled with anxiety as I am typing this....this is what happens when I think about school. He certainly sucks the joy out of teaching!

No chance of transferring though since this is a rural area. However, I am looking for a new position for next year
TheElphaba is offline   Reply With Quote