Need Help C3 Instructional Context Sheets

>

teressawac

Need Help C3 Instructional Context Sheets
Old 02-11-2019, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is the prompt below.
Quote:
Describe the relevant characteristics of this class that influenced your instructional planning, format, and strategies for this lesson (e.g., ethnic, cultural, and linguistic diversity; the range of abilities of the students; the cognitive, social/behavioral, attentional, sensory, and/or physical challenges of students with exceptional needs; the personality of the class).
My question is how do I get this started? I know that my classes abilities (AIG), social/behavior and personality of this class (they pay close attention and really get along) is the reason why I chose this class to do these lessons with these videos, but I don't know how to approach writing about it.
Please help!!!

teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What did you know about these kids that led you to develop the lessons/learning sequence you planned for them?

For example, I know of a teacher who has her whole year planned out for every year, no variation. Week 1, we do this. Week 2, we do this. Etc. She doesn't take her specific current students into account, which really isn't accomplished teaching.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks! Will look more into this.
teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote

Shmance2018

Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I spent my snow day working on these, too! I'm in K so not sure how helpful it is, but sometimes examples add clarity. For my whole group math lesson we ended up doing a square/rectangle sort. This is not something I usually do, but I have some really low students and they weren't getting it. I wanted the chance to hear what their thinking was so I could correct their misconceptions, and I also wanted them to hear their classmates' explanations of how they knew the difference. So that is one reason I chose this particular format for these specific kids. In past years I have just had them do a paper sort independently at their tables as a quick formative assessment.
Shmance2018 is online now   Reply With Quote