Teacher Authors & Bloggers

Creating things to sell online

>

critter

Creating things to sell online
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just curious...

If any of you have things for sale that you have designed yourself, like on Teachers Pay Teachers, what software do you use to create the materials?

Thanks!

critter is offline   Reply With Quote

Gimet

Old 10-05-2013, 11:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just started on TPT. I use word, because that's what I know how to do. I think alot of people use power point. I'm still trying to figure out how to do alot of stuff, so I'm probably not a good source of information! Smiles!
Gimet is offline   Reply With Quote

GrumpyTeacher

powerpoint
Old 10-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use PowerPoint to create all my worksheets, posters, activities and games. I very rarely use Word because it's harder to work with when using clipart. I used Word for so many years and just grew frustrated when I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do. I wish someone told me to use PowerPoint...it would have saved me a lot of time!

It took lots of time and practice to create beautiful worksheets on PowerPoint, but it's well worth it! I spent a lot of time reading people's blog posts and doing internet searches for tips in creating materials using PowerPoint.

Before posting the product on TpT, I save the PowerPoint file as a pdf so none of my work and copyrighted images can be "lifted" or manipulated.

Good luck!
GrumpyTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

MiddlingAZ

Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use MSWord as well because that's what I know. I need to get someone to show me how to use PPT for worksheets! Sometimes I do get so frustrated with manipulating clip art and having to abandon something that won't work. But I have gotten handy at using the autoshapes, word art, font, and format (borders and shading) features. I think my stuff looks good, especially for middle/high school, which thankfully does not need to be as fancy. I've built a good library of free borders/clip art from TpT and have learned how to size and also layer them.

I also convert to PDF, which is essential to preserve your fonts/design, insure that others can download what they see in your thumbnails, and of course protect your labor. Adobe was expensive for a one year subscription and I'm going to look into other options as the expiration draws near.
MiddlingAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

Publisher and Adobe
Old 03-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When I decided to do this, I splurged and bought a copy of Adobe Acrobat Student Teacher Edition (118.00 on Amazon) and Microsoft Publisher (120.00). I like using Publisher because it's what I have a school, and I'm more comfortable using it. I use Paint and Gimp for editing/resizing pictures.

Just FYI - if you buy the student/teacher edition, you have to provide proof that you are a teacher.

Be sure when you save to .pdf that you secure them and don't allow anyone to make changes to them. Just converting to .pdf isn't enough. If they have a copy of Acrobat and know how to use it, they can still get in and manipulate and edit .pdf files...

yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote