Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Best phone case??

>

critter

Best phone case??
Old 09-23-2015, 07:19 AM

I have an iPhone 5s, and my Otterbox Defender is on its way out. I am not sure I want another Defender because of issues with the plastic over the screen. I need more suggestions, please! I want GOOD protection...but it would be okay if it were a cute case, too!!

critter is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 09-23-2015, 08:16 AM

I just went to the Apple store and got one there. I dont know the name of it but its black matte finish and has an open front. I like the ribbing on the back because it keeps my phone from slipping around on hard surfaces. I had a protective plastic sheet applied to the front of my phone but this doesnt have anything to do with the case. Glad I had it because I dropped my phone and the plastic cracked but not my phone face which is more expensive to replace.
MathWA is online now   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 AM

I like the cases made by Tech21. And since buying one for my phone back when I first got it I see lots of people with these cases.

I also was really interested in the Rhinoshield cases. Check them out. They're just bumpers, but they're supposed to do an awesome job protecting the phone. They sell them with front and back protectors and without. I suppose I would have opted for the protectors if I got it, but for years now I do not put screen protectors on my iPhone or my wife's. She keeps hers in her purse and neither of us has issues with scratches.
Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacher_twins

Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 PM

I have a Lifeproof case. That has been my saving grace because I drop my phone so much. The only downside is that it is very hard to take off.
Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote