Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

VistaPrint... a big concern

>

maggiehgs

VistaPrint... a big concern
Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just checked in on my bank account via online banking, and I noticed a charge of $14.95 for what was listed as AP9*VISTAPRINTRWRDS. I have NO idea what this is. Does anyone else??? Quite obviously I will be calling VistaPrint tomorrow to find out what the heck they just charged me for... I have made two orders. I have not ordered anything or signed up for any pay-for services. Grrrrrr....

(Looking at it now, I see it must be for something like Vista Print Rewards? However, I was very careful - I thought - to NOT sign up for anything, even though they make ya go through all that cr*p to get to the billing page.)

mrssimon2gr

please let us know
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

what you find out. I know I have placed an order and many teachers on here have too. I know we all will grumble if this is Vista Print's normal practice!

Kym

Fleur-de-Lis

Old 08-14-2008, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you signed up for the "rewards" which you may have done inadvertently (it's tricky), then YES - call them, because that is exactly what they are charging you for, and it will continue monthly until you opt out.

Crafty little devils, aren't they? Free stuff to lure you in, and all . . .
Vistafan

Vistafan

Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You clicked on an ad at the end (probably accidentially). Search the boards because there are a number of people who have had this happen. Sorry to say this but it was your fault not theirs. I'm really tired of seeing people post this. If you would read the boards to begin with, instead of just jumping on something that is 'free', then you would've seen the prior concerns. I've been ordering from Vista for 3+ years and have N E V E R had a problem! You just need to be careful when completing your order and make sure you know what you're clicking on.

maggiehgs

Vistafan
Old 08-15-2008, 03:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I paid for my merchandise, Vistafan. But thank so very much for your helpful advice!

Last edited by maggiehgs; 08-15-2008 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Deleted detailed response because answering to a less-than-helpful anon is not worth my time and energy.

Tigger518

Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It is NOT your fault. I had something similar happen but was signed up for a totally different company by them for no reason. I did call Vista Print and asked why they did this and if I had clicked on something. They said no that I didn't check something but would not give me a reason they had given my a information and card number to another company. I will NOT buy from somewhere that tries to trick people into things they do not know about. This is not right and should be illegals!
Vistafan

Vistafan

Old 08-15-2008, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

How was I not helpful? I told you to search the boards because there were a number of people who had this happen. Whatever.

imacacher

Common
Old 08-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's a common problem. I don't know where people are clicking to get enrolled in something, but as vistafan said, there are a number of posts on here about other people encountering the same thing. I've also been ordering for years and have never had any issues, but it is somehow related to the ads that pop up when you are completing your order. Clicking on any of them seems to trigger the charges.

camp823

someone told me
Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

someone told me that it is because you clicked on the "get $10 off of your next purchase". I canceled too.

Ima Teacher

Old 08-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Vistafan is right. You clicked on something to trigger it. The way to use VistaPrint is to read EVERYTHING on the page, especially the tiny print and anything with a check box.

maggiehgs

Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Just to be clear, and I don't expect that anyone knew this, I posted the original post BEFORE I realized it was Vista Print Rewards. If I had known that prior to posting, I *might* have searched the boards. (But... ummm... it was late, and I was a bit panicked. So sorry! ) I *edited* to add the bit about Rewards when I realized it was VP Rewards. (Somehow I missed the "R" before "WRDS", so I was curious as to what VP Words could be.)

Also, I never received a notification of being enrolled in a Rewards program. I checked my email (gmail, which I *never* delete anything because I use it so rarely). So I am still trying to figure out what number to call to get rid of it. If anyone has it, I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will try VP tomorrow.

I am not saying that VP is bad. It's just tricky, quite obviously. If there are enough posts on the board to warrant a "why didn't you search first", clearly it's a problem that people should know about... and a warning to be careful when trying to get an order in (free or not - like I said, my orders were not freebies) is not a bad thing.

So those of you who are VP die-hards. Don't worry. Relax. Be happy. Keep buying! It's all good.