Help

Gifted Education

Schoolwide Activities to show GT interest

>

camp823

Schoolwide Activities to show GT interest
Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone do any fun activities with a hint of GT higher level thinking skills for the entire school? There are so many smart kids out there that just don't qualify for the GT program but need to be challenged.

I have tried having a pullout "enrichment" class, but with schedule conflicts, it seemed that the class was a bust. I tried to make it with a 5 week curriculum, but that 5 weeks stretched into 10 and I didn't get to meet with all of grade levels because of it.

I thought of using Mrs. Renz mastery club as a school wide thing but felt like that would be more work for the teachers to keep track of the progress. (And I know several teachers who wouldn't do it!) Then I thought I could use some of the questions as a daily/weekly trivia on the announcements but I don't think that those questions would be good for the lower grades.

Then I thought of a family night at the school. Maybe something like "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?". But I am not sure what actvities to host or how to even go about it.

What ideas do you have?

camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote