Help

BusyBoard

Piggyback off of What's Your Theme?

>

cardinallady

Piggyback off of What's Your Theme?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you have the same theme every year or do you change every year? If you loop with your students do you automatically change your theme?

NewInElementary NewToThemes

cardinallady is offline   Reply With Quote

javamomma

Theme
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have used giraffes in my class for 10 years. However, the colors and look of my class changes year to year.
javamomma is offline   Reply With Quote

ThinkBrink

Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I do a fall theme and an spring theme. My spring theme from one year is the fall theme the following year and they rotate each year. Then I can cover and leave up bulletin boards over summer. Way easy to go change a few things and be ready for fall. For years I went Frogs - Dogs. This spring as I put up my frogs I knew I couldn't stand them one more year, so there is one more thing on my to do list. Change frogs to Snoopy and Charlie Brown.
ThinkBrink is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

no
Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I know a lot of teaches are really into it but, I am not going to spend my time or money on themes. My room is cheerful, clean, and inviting. That's all that matters.
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMickeyMous

Same
Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've had the same theme for 3 years now. I might keep it one more year and then change. I want to get my money's worth.

LuvMickeyMous is offline   Reply With Quote

KellyTeachTX

themes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have had the same Patriotic Theme for the last 5 years. I've spent a lot of time and money on the things that I've found to decorate the room, so changing won't happen anytime soon.

What's hard, is that our SCHOOL WIDE theme changes EVERY YEAR...ugh So no matter what, I'm constantly having to buy things to decorate the hallway to match the school theme. erg!

Welcome to Elementary!!

Kelly
KellyTeachTX is offline   Reply With Quote

teachindakidz

theme
Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This year will be my second year in a row using the zebra theme and I'm considering it again for next year, unless I switch grade levels. I want to make sure I get my money's worth . I think it's just a personal preference on how often you switch themes, unless your school has a rule about it.
teachindakidz is offline   Reply With Quote

beachbumteach

no theme here
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I don't have a classroom theme but I've done them in the past. To me, it takes too much time and money to change things all the time. I basically have a color "theme" in my classroom with a lot of aqua blue. However, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a Dr. Seuss classroom someday very soon!!!
beachbumteach is offline   Reply With Quote

MsIssippi

Themes
Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I've had the same space theme for three years, but every year I scale the decor back. One year I had all the planets (inflatable) hung from the ceiling, silver stars dangling all over the place, an asteroid belt with real rocks hanging.... you get the picture - very busy.

This year I am down to the navy blue fabric I covered my bulletin boards with several years ago with space border around all of them, and my two 3' tall rockets that say PRACTICE and PERSEVERANCE on my book case. My back to school door will be something space-oriented.

I try to buy things in navy and red, but I think the matchy-matchy theme stuff can get out of control.
MsIssippi is offline   Reply With Quote

ritabook2

theme
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I did small bits of themes for many years that changed each year. It basically was the basis for my back to school activities, so one year I did bees and had black and yellow around the calendar and bees decorating the door and outside of the classroom, but it wasn't like a giant beehive inside my room, just splashes of it! When I changed schools to a brand new building there were themes everywhere and I was feeling the pressure! However, I stuck with a splash of my ocean/beach stuff and stuck with mainly colors as my theme. That way is much easier and cheaper to coordinate in my opinion. So, I have lime green, turquoise and black. All of the bulletin boards, borders, labels, lamps, tubs etc. are those colors. There are fish on some tags and labels, flip-flops on others, flip-flops in the hallway, ocean themed signs and posters are here and there. There is no fish net holding inflatable fish, no aquarium, no beach chairs, no palm trees! Just a personal decision to keep it simple. I get compliments on my room all the time, so I don't feel bad that I don't have all that stuff.

ritabook2 is offline   Reply With Quote

DSLBUG

Ladybugs
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

My colors are red yellow and black and stay up all year. I do few ladybug activities the first days. I have used ladybugs for many years and have an assortment of ladybug items.
DSLBUG is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvTeachng

Jungle/Safari
Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I have a jungle/safari theme in my room. Last year I looped. I gave the kids the choice whether to keep the same theme, or if they wanted me to change it. They unanimously wanted me to keep it. They said it was "just us." I don't plan to change the theme for some time to come.
LuvTeachng is offline   Reply With Quote