Help

The Job Search

Wish me luck!

>

middlestsis

Wish me luck!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our contracts were due recently so my principal has been adding positions on the district website. One of the ones that is open is a Reading Interventionist. I have always been interested in this as reading is my passion. It is at my current school so I wouldn't be moving at all. I had my interview Wednesday and at the end, the principal told me I did a great job. Then the next day one of the other Reading Interventionist saw me and told me that she enjoyed getting to know me better and that I did a really good job. I also emailed a thank you to each team member and my principal emailed me back saying that my interview was impressive and the team would let everyone know their decision next week.

I know this principal is hesitant to move people and I know that they interviewed 8 others. One is a grade level peer who has more years of experience and has been asking for a position like this for a while. One is a 1st grade teacher who has Reading Recovery experience but who has been complained about to the principal (for being mean to students). The other is an ESL teacher who does small group and speaks Spanish. I'm not sure how much politics will factor into this decision, but I can't help but get my hopes up.

I guess I don't really have a question, but I wanted to share my anxiety

middlestsis is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-11-2019, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Wishing you luck! Interviewing is really really hard. It sounds like you did the very best you could do; well done! Hope it goes well!
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Old 05-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you! I really want this position, but I am lucky enough to be with a principal I love. Even if I do stay in 2nd grade, I won't be devastated.

cruxian

Old 05-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That is a huge relief!! At least the alternative is a good one. But I find it hard not to get my hopes up in situations like that.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-12-2019, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I hope you get the good news that the job is your soon!!

GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Old 05-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I got the news that they went with another candidate. It was the other second grade teacher so I'm happy for her, but I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be. I don't know if this year has just emotionally exhausted me but I'm finding it hard to be positive. I don't know if I need a change our if I just feel discouraged because of the behavior, but I keep thinking "What now?"

I'm not sure if I should look for a grade change (4K has a position and I'm interested but I don't know if I'm ready). Or should I stick it in second and see how it goes next year?