Help

BusyBoard

2nd Grade Bridges Number Corner

>

teapot

2nd Grade Bridges Number Corner
Old 09-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would anyone happen to know if a 2nd grade Bridges Number Corner student booklet has ever been created? I would like to have my students actually document the info we are learning in Number Corner. I looked on TPT but could not find anything. I am looking for some type of interactive notebook. Thanks in advance!

teapot is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

2nd grade Bridges
Old 09-04-2019, 03:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

As I recall there is a workbook just for number corner. You can buy just the number corner portion of the Bridges program without buying the entire thing.

Just a note, I taught it three years ago and the workbook for number corner looks exactly like the general program workbook, just a different title. I put a sticker on it to help kids tell the difference.

I suppose youíll have to contact Bridges directly to order the books.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

vttraveler

Old 09-04-2019, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you have set up an online account for your school, you have permission to download the workbooks as blackline masters. We found that the Student Journal workbooks has so many paper and pencil tasks that we donít purchase the NC workbooks anymore, we just print the worksheets that we need. (In the 2nd edition there are duplicate activities between the two programs, as NC is also sold separately)
vttraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

teapot

Thank you so much!
Old 09-04-2019, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is our first year with Bridges and I can say I am not impressed yet. I will give it a fair chance, but it has so many pieces and parts. I am finding I have to spend hours just getting the overall routine down. I have only been teaching it for 8 days, but so far I do not feel like I have taught any actual math. I only hope this program gets easier to teach with time.

Thanks again for your help.
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 09-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am on my 3rd year of using Bridges. Can't say I like it, yet.

Number Corner. Yes there is a book for Number Corner. I don't use all of the pages...too many!

My advice on # Corner. For the charts, I make a document that exactly matches it/them so that the class HAS to follow along and HAS to write down what they are telling me. Date, Equation, etc. Otherwise, many don't tune in. (I teach 2nd). I just make it in Google Docs and print it double sided. This month, there are 2 charts, they will be doing the Even/Odd chart on a paper while I do it on the big chart. They keep this on their clipboards and bring it to the floor with them each time we meet.

So, at a minimum, start that process.

Another tip: Not ALL # Corner lessons have to be done in the # corner area. I will often take a concept/lesson, and teach it in the community circle area. Or, under the doc camera.

I am continually aware of when the class is disengaged. # Corner can drag on and on some days...so I figure out what I can take and teach in a different setting and I do so. I highly dislike how # corner can be so discombobulated! Right now, I'm teaching the clock concepts/pages under the doc camera. For them to carry their books and crayons to the floor is a pain...yes I could keep them all in the # Corner area, but that doesn't work for me, either. So, certain topics, we teach under the doc camera.

The goal is for students to learn the concepts. NOT to sit through a lesson when 1/3-1/2 are not engaged and therefore not learning just to say, "Well, I covered # Corner today". (Part of that is my personality).

If that makes sense...

Willing to help if you need more help!

eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote