Help

BusyBoard

CRAFT or CAFE reading strategies

>

SassyTeach

CRAFT or CAFE reading strategies
Old 09-05-2019, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is anyone still doing this? If so, can you tell me where you got some of your resources (other than the "Sisters")?

If not, why did you stop doing it? Long story, but I'm so curious to know if anyone is doing it.

Thank you!!

SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Old 09-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Havenít heard of CRAFT but this is our last year for Daily 5/CAFE. Our district had a curriculum map for us but not much resource options. I have a lot of experience so I used books and stories I knew would fit. I also used an anthology series we used to use for most strategies because they were all in there.
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

To me,
Old 09-07-2019, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

the reading strategies and mini-lessons involved in CAFE are timeless and will always be relevant no matter what you call them or how they are presented. Those strategies were around before the Sisters and will last beyond the Sisters. However, I do like and appreciate how they are organized by the Sisters.

What kind of resources are you asking about? PT itself is full of CAF/FACE/CRAFT resources. So it Teacherspayteachers.

PT has a search feature above that will let you do an Advanced search. Also the Home Page has a link to Daily 5 / CAFE stuff too. They have everything from how to's on Implementation of the reading lessons to printables--EVERYTHING printable from CAFE headers and the strategies typed out to Anchor charts, mini-lessons and more in every theme you can imagine.

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...rchid=50483191

Anything with a paperclip at the end of the title has a downloadable picture, doc or pdf relating to CAFE. It might be most helpful to go the middle or front of the search offerings.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote