Help

BusyBoard

Taking pictures

>

Teacherbee_4

Taking pictures
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I like to take pictures of my kids working as a memory. I've said year after year I'd make a video but that's never happened. Maybe this year!

My question is though, do you have the students look up and look at the camera as you take it, or do you take it candid with them working? I feel like I should show them working and on task, but the ones of them looking at the camera are much better! Maybe a mixture? What do you think?

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

momteach310

Old 09-10-2019, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do this every year and have a video at the end. I do a mixture of both. Always a favorite end of year memory.
momteach310 is online now   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

What do YOU like?
Old 09-11-2019, 01:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am the unofficial photographer for our school and also work with the media at school events. From a "documentation" point of view, it's generally accepted that the kids should not look at the camera--the camera is recording what is happening. Unless the kids are being interviewed, television reporters prefer they NOT look at the camera.

Every year I do a "retrospective" slide show of photos I've taken over the last twelve years... high school seniors see themselves in kindergarten! Those photos are definitely a mixture of some kids looking at the camera (often making faces) and caught "unawares"--they may not event know they've been photographed. (Mine are still photos.) You might consider doing a video clip of each kid asking them a question such as what do you want to be when you grow up or what's best about school?

Since this is for you, I think you should take photos (or video) that you will enjoy. I would say "think about what you want to remember" and photograph (or video) that.
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote