Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

new fridge recommends?

>

tia

new fridge recommends?
Old 09-21-2019, 07:26 AM

anyone done a lot of research on refrigerators and willing to share?

ours is giving out, and we're about to suck it up and get a new one before we're forced too, hopefully.

any tips?

i think we'll go for a bottom freezer since they're more energy efficient. we're not looking for a water feature since that always breaks first. we do want an inside ice maker, though.

any tips, suggestions, recommendations are greatly appreciated!

tia is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

fridge
Old 09-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Can't tell you brands...I do know it is important to look at the shelf configurations and the ability to fit the stuff that you use regularly. Actually take some measurements before shopping. My next fridge we will go back to the freezer on the bottom. Had one for years and loved it.
mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 AM

I got a new one a few years ago. The thing that surprised me most - that I wasn't even looking for - was the small door on the refrigerator section that just opens to the shelves on the door, not the entire depth of the fridge (hope that makes sense!). I thought it was silly, but we use it all the time and it helps save energy and keep the fridge cool. I also LOVE having a refrigerator drawer (in between the fridge and freezer).
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

KetchupChips

Old 09-21-2019, 12:44 PM

No specific recommendation on brand, but we always buy appliances from Costco if possible. They have the best return policy and customer service.
KetchupChips is offline   Reply With Quote

c6g

Old 09-21-2019, 05:23 PM

We really like our Whirlpool (freezer on the bottom) that's about a year old.

c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 09-22-2019, 03:06 AM

Iíve had both the side by side and the freezer on the bottom. We all have our preferences and I am way happier with my side by side fridge. I hated the freezer on the bottom and how I had to dig to find things. I also have a freezer on top fridge in my garage which helps me when I have to refrigerate large platters, which my side by side fridge canít hold.

People here have blasted Samsung appliances as awful. I asked about Samsung when I was remodeling my kitchen and laundry room. Almost everyone said donít go with Samsung. I also did other research outside of PT and decided to go with Samsung for all the appliances, including the fridge. I couldnít be happier with it. Itís been over a year and, knock on wood, they are running beautifully. I also had great experiences with Whirlpool and Electrolux appliances. Iím not a fan of LG and Bosch.
Jackie is online now   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Fridge
Old 09-22-2019, 05:01 AM

We really like our whirlpool side by side. We had chosen a completely different model but it would not fit in the fridge space in our kitchen. I did not want the outside water and ice but that was the one that fit. Now we love having the ice and water...
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

knit1purl2

Kitchen aide for us
Old 09-22-2019, 05:31 AM

We chose a French door refrigerator with water dispenser on the inside. We love it. Ice is in the freezer when we need it. Cold water when we want it. I love the improved lighting compared to our old one. We chose black to match the other appliances and love that the front is still magnetic. The freezer is big enough. We have a chest freezer in the garage for long term storage.
It is working well for us.
knit1purl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-22-2019, 12:20 PM

I did a ton of research for the fridge I wanted, but mine wouldnít meet your standards. I figured out what I had to have (GE, French doors/bottom freezer, ice maker/water in door, counter-depth, stainless) and then read customer reviews for appliances that fit those parameters. I mostly read at Home Depot because thatís where I was buying. I read many many reviews. And I love love love my fridge.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

thanks for your input!
Old 09-22-2019, 04:42 PM

for the most part, what we get and where we get it will be determined by who can give us a $$$ down and no interested for a few months, as well as the overall cost...

thanks again!

tia is offline   Reply With Quote