Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Plant paradox?

>

knit1purl2

Plant paradox?
Old 09-22-2019, 05:34 AM

My sister in law has mentioned this a couple of times. What can you tell me about it? I’ve ordered the books and the cookbook from the library.

knit1purl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Plant paradox
Old 09-22-2019, 07:05 AM

Not sure what that is. Is it plant based eating? The China study is an excellent resource for plant based eating to cure diseases. Also the documentary, “What the Health”. Shocking what they do to meat and wheat in this country. Ugh. We try and do local farmers markets and buy fresh fish right off the boats nearby. Many, many chemicals are in wheat and packaged foods. Anti inflammatory eating also helps control weight and can beat back type 2 diabetes. Inflammatory foods include wheat, dairy, alcohol and sugar. If you have IBS or other tummy issues limiting these type of foods is key.
juliet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 09-22-2019, 12:14 PM

It's written by Dr. Gundry. He has helped Kelly Clarkson and others. His diet is whole food plant based, but he has some other parts to it. I believe he has steps, or tiers, to the diet. You start out in step (tier, etc) 1 which is more restricted and then move to step 2. Lectins are a component of his diet as well. Other health care professionals disagree with him on this particular part but he says that lectins are harmful except under certain circumstances.

I haven't read the book, but I have listened to his podcast several times and have listened to other health care professionals discuss his diet.

He is scientific in his approach and comes across as caring in his podcasts.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you think.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote