Help

ARCHIVE

name tags

>

Mrs.B

name tags
Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm sure this has been asked before but do you have name tags where the kids sit at tables? Do they last all year? What if you need kids to switch spots?

Mrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote

zola

re:desk tags
Old 08-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach half day kindergarten and use my desk tags as part of my attendance. The kids collect their name tag and what is left means someones absent. The students bring them to their seats and use them to assist with their name writing. They're portable this way, which works well for half day kindergarten. This also makes switching seats easier. During writer's workshop, if someone has chosen a different area to write in they can bring their name tag with them too.
My desk tags do not last all year but I make them seasonal. I print them on oak tag and laminate them. I get them at www.abcteach.com (search desk tags not name tags). You can get some there without paying a membership fee.
zola is offline   Reply With Quote

zola

I forgot to add...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I forgot to say that I like the size of the desk tags I download at abcteach...they're big enough for the kids to see the formation of the letters but not too big that they take up alot table space.
zola is offline   Reply With Quote

jestmt

Names tags
Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The children have name tags to wear, but I do not put names at their seats. If someone needs to be relocated it causes no problems.
jestmt is offline   Reply With Quote

suzyteach

I use velcro
Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

the self-adhesive kind, I put the scratchy side on the nametag, and the softer side on the table. When you want to switch places, just move the tags to the new spot!

I did this last year, and it worked well.

suzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

linderbug

name tags
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This year I decided NOT to do nametags at their seats...I did the packing tape+name label last year and it was just a pain. This year for the first few days, I just put their name tag that they wore at their spot and they had to find it each day (same spot each day except for two kids I relocated because of talking). They know now where their seats are. I also made name-writing guides and laminated them to help them with name-writing practice...when I decide to switch seats, I'll just put their name-writing cards at their new spots. Easy peasy!
linderbug is offline   Reply With Quote

ddeck

for their seats
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Iuse the desk nameplates. I do not secure them to the table. At the beginning before we are settled in our class, I just lay them out where I want the students to sit. They use these to see how to write their name correctly. when they are in their seats, they just slide the name plates into their chair pockets. When they change seats, they take the pocket with them.
ddeck is offline   Reply With Quote

mossgirl9

Thank you
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I really like this idea and will try it out this year.
mossgirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I put name tags at their places, but I don't secure them. That way if I need to move the child its easy. We also have chair pockets and I just have them keep their name tags in those when they do not need to look at them to write their names, etc.

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

alycam

Name tags
Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I have clips that adhere to the table. The nametags just slide right in (They are standing up.) I also laminate the name tags, that way if I need to I can erase the name and they can be used again. When I need to change the students seats, they are very easy to move.

alycam is offline   Reply With Quote

kindiebarb

clips??
Old 08-14-2008, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Can you describe these clips? This sounds like an idea that might work for me.
kindiebarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Joy

Table Tags and More ?s
Old 08-14-2008, 09:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I really like Zola's idea of collecting the tags and using them for attendance. Teachers, do you choose where the kids will sit initially or do you allow them to choose a seat on the first day? Also how often do you switch seats in K?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

alissamagissa

Good idea!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

One of my teammates came up with the idea that we use, so I can't take credit for it. :-) We put the nametags on blocks at each child's place at the table. The blocks sit back to back and are very easy to move around when needed or even take off the table completely if necessary. The children do have assigned seating (except at center time), so if they need to look at their name, they just go get their block and put it back when they finish. It works very well, takes up very little space, and you don't have to worry about the adhesive sticking to your tables!
alissamagissa is offline   Reply With Quote

rlygr8

name tags
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

My students do not have assigned seats. They are free to choose where they seat at each activity. They do wear name tags all year long though. I have found that there continues to be learning all year long with their name tags. It is so cool. I go to a plastic store and get a big sheet of thick plastic (not sure what its real purpose is). I cut them into 3 x 6 rectangles, round the corners and then punch 2 holes in the top and thread a shoelace through the holes (My para got the shoelaces free through a shoe lace company). I then write their name in permanent marker on the plastic. When a child moves you are able to remove the name by going over it with an EXPO whiteboard marker. Last year with over 65 kids in my room, I only replaced one name tag.
rlygr8 is offline   Reply With Quote