Help

ARCHIVE

friendship lessons

>

Mrs.B

friendship lessons
Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some ideas for friendship & working together.

Mrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsAbby

Friendship Salad
Old 09-05-2008, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We make a friendship salad each year. I talk about the bowl representing our classroom and we like to have a sweet and happy classroom. Then the lesson I found says to add fruit and yogurt for a fruit salad but I do more of a snack mix using m&m's, fruit loops, pretzels, etc. For each item I add I talk about how it stand for the children who are nice, take turns, do their best work, share, use nice words, are polite, etc.... Then I mix it all up and I get out a banana that is really old and rotten. I start to peal it and act like I am going to add it to the mix. The children all shout "no!" and I ask why not. They say it will ruin it, ..... The lesson leads to how we don't want "rotten bananas" in our happy classroom. It is really cute because then when the children have problems throughout the year they will say to each other "don't be a rotten banana!"

I have the lesson on my school computer and it is better explained. If you want me to, I can send it to you when I get to school Monday.

Good luck!
MrsAbby is offline   Reply With Quote