Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

How to make a bulletin board for middle school

>

Sunshine330

How to make a bulletin board for middle school
Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have suggestions on how to create a bulletin board for Middle School aged children? I find that most of what I am taught in school as a student teacher is too young for Middle School.

Sunshine330 is offline   Reply With Quote

satwell

Content
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would something that has to do with the content in your class and then make a bulletin board theme that relates to that!
satwell is offline   Reply With Quote

maryteach

My bulletin boards are functional
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have four smaller boards (about 3'X3') and one large board (about 3'X5'). The four small boards are:

Posters/anchor charts about what we're currently doing (right now, writing narrative and reading fiction)

Classroom norms

Progress charts for each class

The one behind my desk is the schedule, staff extensions, and the pictures kids draw for me.

The big board some years contains a giant, collaborative six trait rubric, which they use to rate their papers before they are turned in, and this year is a "Way to Go!" board where I put up examples of proficient or advanced writing.
maryteach is offline   Reply With Quote

parker

Middle School Bulletin Board
Old 10-25-2013, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Doesn't matter what age group, people look at bulletin boards and about 2 weeks later it is nothing more than wallpaper to them.

As others have said, if you don't want to be stuck creating numerous bulletin boards, keep it simple and functional, something you spend a minimum amount of time keeping up...use it to display student work related to your content area.

Put up a color background (black is always a good background,it makes everything you mount pop), choose a simple border that you like, create a snappy title and move on to more important things. If you are of a mind, have the time and money...take pictures of the students in your classes completing activities/learning, print them out, mount them a contrasting color construction paper or card stock from the background of your bulletin board and post. Limit your colors to just 2-3, no more or it becomes too distracting/busy. You can easily change out student work or photos.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote

powellstarkey

bulletin boards and the walls
Old 10-25-2013, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would do a student work board. Students like seeing their work up on the boards. We hAve to have a place for focus standards and I can statements. So I use one small board for that. We also have to have a place for data so I use a board for that. I also have little vignettes I created on the wall for student work and information for students.

They really check our rooms for student work. I say easy decorations.

powellstarkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms.KKD

Bb
Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I've always used my bulletin boards for student work. I only have two small boards (each is 4x4). I put black fabric (that I bought at Walmart) and cheetah border (which matches my theme). Every 3 weeks I have some students come in early and change out the work displayed. Students REALLY love seeing their work up.

As a side note, I put my Anchor Charts on my doors and the wall space next to my whiteboard. That way they are located in the direction the students are facing and they are close enough that I can reference them while I'm up front teaching.
Ms.KKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Leenie A.

Bulletin Board Ideas on Pintrist
Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You will find so many amazing anchor charts on Pintrist that you'll never sleep - also teaching blogs - amazing resources. :-)
Leenie A. is offline   Reply With Quote