Help

The VENT

Getting anxiety about my coworker

>

Violet4

Getting anxiety about my coworker
Old 05-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

There's a month of school left. I'm required to do one function with her which means I guess another month or so of getting ready for it and then I'm done with her at least for the summertime.

It's become a weekly occurrence that I become anxious at the start of each week because she has been averaging one blow up per week. Full on meltdowns. She's getting in trouble and written up about it because it's being directed at anyone and everyone. last Tuesday I don't think I breathed the whole day because of her.

All I want is moral support if you can.

Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Old 05-12-2019, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One month can seen like a long time when your are in a high stress situation. Just remember it isn't your job to avoid these meltdowns or keep her from having them. You shouldn't have to walk on eggshells just for her. It's easier said than done though, so I'm sending you good luck! Try to focus on enjoying the last but of time with your kids from this year and keep repeating the mantra "Just one more month"!
middlestsis is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 05-13-2019, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Violet 4
Sending hugs and prayers
I am traumatized from the long term 3 rd grade where there is drama and a meltdown daily
Canít imagine having to deal with a coworker like that also
I did have an aid for 2 1/2 years that was like that
It will be over soon
elepen is offline   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

One month to go!

I had a similar situation last year with my team. It really is stressful and can make it difficult to want to come to school, and to do a good job.

My survival tactic was to basically try to avoid them and stay focused on my work and responsibilities. If I had to talk to them, it was via email. If I saw them in the hall, I said hello (which they sometimes returned and sometimes didn't) and continued on with whatever I was doing.

I hope this last project is successful and you can get to summer and have a break from her! And I'm glad your admin and others have been able to see what is happening. For me, that was one of the stressful parts - feeling like I had done something or was crazy myself - until I realized it wasn't just me that it was directed towards.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 05-13-2019, 03:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Wow. Thatís just crazy that she acts like that. At least sheís getting written up. One more month, youíve got this.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

70Primrose

Hugs
Old 05-13-2019, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is awful! Teaching is such a high stress job, we need our coworkers to be supportive. I had a rude , bossy coworker and I felt powerless against her. I got a voodoo doll app on my Kindle and pretended it was her! It made me feel better!
Obviously admin realizes she is having problems. Maybe she wonít be back next year. Hang in there! You can make it!
70Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Oh Violet4, I am so sorry. I've been in your shoes and, like 70Primrose, have felt powerless against her. I wished I'd had a voodoo doll. A month can seem like an eternity and I"m sorry you're stuck with her. Sending hugs and lots of empathy and support.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I would get a beanie baby animal to represent the person bugging me. It would be the animal that reminded me of them. It would sit on my computer
I got a red orangutan because she had red hair. Iíve done different animals for different people. It sounds weird and crazy but it works. Whatever works
elepen is offline   Reply With Quote