Help

The VENT

Itís that time again

>

arsabl

Itís that time again
Old 08-20-2019, 03:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I donít know why, but at 3 am my district sent the dreaded email with all the training videos we must view to be a Safe School. This woke me up! I usually have my phone off, but my DIL is ready to give birth anytime so I want to be ready.

I tried to go to sleep, but couldnít so I got up and am trying to slog through them. We canít fast forward, but Iím taking the assessment first and then letting the videos play on and on.

At least, this year we are provided some school time to complete them. In the past, weíve had to get them done within our day on top of our regular duties.

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Such a waste...
Old 08-20-2019, 08:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The first time through, they might teach you something, but every year, the same content is so boring and redundant. Good for you to take the quiz first. I remember doing that and taking the quizzes on my laptop. If I needed to look up any answers, I used google and my I-Pad. I also discovered I could fast forward to a certain point and move it along even faster. You couldn't do too much of it or the video would tell you your district wants you to watch the whole thing in a message box.
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 08-20-2019, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank goodness my district doesn't do this ( yet!). We watch our blood borne pathogens video at a staff mtg. All these years and I haven't watched the bloody parts yet....I look somewhere else
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote

Ruby07

Old 08-20-2019, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm doing mine right now! I'm a veteran teacher who's been doing these training videos for so long, I could give the training myself lol!

These things annoy me to no end. Why do we have to do it every single year? We have other things to do!! Our training videos and quizzes are over 2 hours long, and I want to get paid for that time.
Ruby07 is online now   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Finished
Old 08-20-2019, 04:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I tried to fast forward through the videos, but the district set a restriction on it. Oh, well...Iím done with this nonsense for another 12 months.

Two hours of my life wasted.

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

Our district made me watch them TWICE
Old 08-22-2019, 09:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Seriously. They sent us an email with the link to the EIGHT SafeSchools videos I have to watch, which I did. I just sort of let them play while playing Candy Crush, ha! And THEN, our principal tells us that district decided we should watch them as a staff. We have spent the last two Wednesday afternoons from 2:00-5:00 WATCHING THEM AGAIN AND DISCUSSING THEM. It's unreal.

WordFountain

Old 08-26-2019, 06:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My school does this too! As much as I dislike the videos/quizzes at least I can do it on my own time (multi-tasking). Now they spread them out due dates over several weeks so it gives us a little break. In the past (for YEARS) they made all of us sit in a PD meeting and waste hours. It was equivalent to Chinese Water Torture - we were trapped and it was awful. I still get a tick when I hear ďBloodborn PathogensĒ
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote