Help

BusyBoard

Judaic

>

rachelmpd

Judaic
Old 09-03-2019, 10:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Since I have yet to find a job, I reluctantly decided to apply and accept a position teaching Sunday school (Jewish, 2nd grade). I taught many years prior to regular school and in conjunction. focus is holidays and the values that go with them. I just received part of what he wants me to use, I donít like it. Previous schools had pamphlets that we read together, but this Rabbi doesnít want to pass them to the kids because they are just learning to read. The pamphlets are geared towards this age and 98% of students read aloud eagerly by choice. Should I project it and see if they want to read it? Any great projects?

Any suggestions for the first day? I think we have about 50 minutes. A read aloud (but what??), Get to know you Bingo, all about me, let my aides introduce themselves (not happy with them as they were supposed to contact me and havenít!), KWL for Rosh Hashanah (or would that be too much?). Other ideas?

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 09-04-2019, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you find some simple reader's theater scripts for the different holidays where the teacher reads a longer passage and kids read (or memorize if reading is an issue) some shorter parts?
Song of Joy is online now   Reply With Quote