Help

Retired Teachers

Getting the house in order...

>

Beach Glass

Getting the house in order...
Old 12-20-2018, 11:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Nothing like an impending visit from your MIL to get that list of chores crossed off!

My husband picks her up tomorrow, so I have 24 hours to make this place habitable. Thank goodness she won't navigate the stairs to the basement due to her osteoporosis.

I'm doing pretty well. Taking a PT break after dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the kitchen, and preparing the guest room.

Still need to make Christmas Day's meal to put in the freezer, along with the coffee cake we have on Christmas morning. A couple batches of cookies, too, but that can wait and be done while MIL is here -- keeps my hands busy when husband is downstairs puttering in his shop and she throws out her inevitable barbs. She has lost her filter the older she gets. Either that or it's the painkillers she takes for the osteoporosis.

Back to that list...

Beach Glass is online now   Reply With Quote

anansi

Old 12-20-2018, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'll never forget when DH and I were dating and I met my in laws for the first time. They flew down to stay for a few days. The night before they arrived, my then BF/nowDH was in the kitchen on a step ladder mopping THE CEILING! I was terrified to meet my MIL, assuming she would be giving his house a white glove treatment. Nothing could have been farther from the truth! She was a delightfully warm and loving mother and MIL. Funny what we put ourselves through!

Best of luck!
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote

learnforever

Beauty in the Mess
Old 12-21-2018, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Today on Instagram author Brene Brown posted the most beautiful holiday message...there is beauty “in the mess”...the disappointments, the love, the illnesses, the family, the mess of it all. If you have never read Brene Brown’s books they are life changing! Enjoy it all! Merry Christmas!
learnforever is offline   Reply With Quote