Help

Retired Teachers

Back to Uganda

>

edfan

Back to Uganda
Old 12-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

During the summer I was less than enthusiastic about babysitting little grandsons in Uganda with no household goods delivered yet. Iím going back on Christmas to see them all settled in. Whew! Now my biggest worry is sitting on a plane forever.
Iíve taken long flights on Dec 24 and 25 before. Christmas kind of passes me by. No one breaks into Silent Night at midnight. I would if they would!

edfan is online now   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Uganda
Old 12-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How long is the flight? Do you have a lot of connections? Are you actually flying Dec 24 and 25?

We went to Germany in 2015 and spent 5 weeks with the grandchildren at Christmas. It was such a fun time. We came home Sunday after New Years and the train to Amsterdam was packed...we didn't plan on that.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

edfan

Long flight
Old 12-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The first leg is over 13 hours from DC to Ethiopia. After an 8 hr layover (ugh) it’s just a few more hours to Entebbe. Of course, that’s not where we’re going! Driving on from there. It gets harder as I get older. We leave early on Dec 25 because it costs less.
edfan is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

flights
Old 12-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
It gets harder as I get older.
I hear you. Flying takes a lot more effort when you are older. I have done those long flights with long layovers many times, and will be doing another one in January. We're looking at between 35 and 40 hours of travel time, depending on the transportation time to LAX airport. This is also supposing there won't be any flight delays anywhere on this trip as there have been in the past. I'm not sure that I can do this stuff anymore, especially in economy class. I so envy the people who have those sleep cubicles or even just a business class seat with leg and reclining space.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Travel
Old 12-09-2018, 05:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I hear you on the long flights and hope yours go well. I'll be going on long haul flights to Asia in January. The first one is 15 hours, then we have a five hour layover in Hong Kong, then another three hour flight to Thailand. I'd love to be in business class where I could lie down and sleep.

Last edited by travelingfar; 12-09-2018 at 12:01 PM..
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When we go to Europe I take Halcyon which needs a prescription. Puts me to sleep and I wake up completely refreshed in the new time zone. Works for me!
MathWA is online now   Reply With Quote