Help

Retired Teachers

Christmas Joy

>

jcbsmom

Christmas Joy
Old 12-22-2018, 09:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A post from lisa53 prompted me to post a "brag". Two weeks ago my husband gave a letter to me from our district office. Being hand addressed was a bit puzzling. When I opened the envelope I found a second envelope inside. The letter was addressed to me at my former school and had been opened. When I took out the letter I saw it was from a former student. Joana is now in college and chose to write to me regarding the influence my teaching had on her. She stated in part, "Most of my favorite memories from elementary are from your class. You were always so kind to me, and the whole class. Thank you for being such an amazing teacher and inspiring me to become one."

By the end of her letter the tears were flowing. I had been going through a tough time as our district is currently having some very difficult times due to a corrupt superintendent and a questionable school board. Teaching was literally a life-long goal as I was growing up so even though I am retired, our school system is near and dear to my heart.

Joana helped brighten my mood and lead me into the Christmas season with added hope for the future of our school system.

jcbsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

What a wonderful story
Old 12-22-2018, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thank you for sharing this with us. I know it must have made you feel so validated as an educator. There truly is no better pat on the back for a job well done than a student who looks into their past and remembers you fondly.

Merry Christmas!
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

letter
Old 12-22-2018, 09:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What a wonderful gift from your former student. It brought tears to my eyes. Your kindness made a big impact on her life, and she will remember to bring kindness to her classroom too. We could all use more kindness these days.
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote