Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Asian Theme

>

gibsprek

gibsprek

Asian Theme
Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am redesigning my preschool classroom this fall and I have decided to order chinese lanterns, parasals and paper fans. Now I need some ideas for bulletin boards. Mainly an idea for a board in the hallway to welcome children back to school. Please help.

SparklyK

Old 07-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a cute Panda with Bamboo welcoming them back, or Siamese cats like in the cartoon Sagua.
SparklyK is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeDeb

Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I looked on the collections board and found the following ideas:

The giant panda bear is a national symbol of China. You could have a panda welcome your little ones. Then as a art project you can make pandas by using paper plates -- a large plate for the body and a small plate for the head. Add black construction paper ears, paws, nose and eyes and you have a panda bear. You could also draw two circles onto white paper and have the children make the paws, ears, etc. with thumbprints. Those turn out really cute. (May be too hard for the little ones.)
www.crayola.com has coloring pages for each of the animals in the Chinese calendar. These were made into a booklet and given to the kids.

If everyone in your class is born in the same year, even if they are not, you could make a display of "Year of the ____________, _________ & ______________" and a short write up of the traits of the animals... then the kids could draw a picture of themselves with that Chinese animal.

2ndGradeDeb is offline   Reply With Quote