Help

Substitute Teachers

Awful Class Dreams

>

3of3

Awful Class Dreams
Old 11-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

About 2-3 times a month I will have a dream about subbing in a awful class situation. The kids are running wild and I have no control over them and feel frustrated because everthing I do doesn't stop the chaos. I've been subbing for a while now and have never had a class that was as awful as the ones in my dreams. Do you all ever have dreams like this? What do you think the psyche is trying to tell me/us?

3of3 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachwLove

It's the stress!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think subbing can be quite stressful at times, with all the unknowns we face every day. I think your subconscious was just concerned because it is very difficult when you get one of those wild classes. Even those on this board who have subbed a long time sometimes get them. Circumstances just converge into the perfect storm and you have to ride it out. If you sub enough, you'll see just about everything.

Luckily, I learn the most unforgettable lessons with these classes every time so I am growing as a teacher and as a sub and as a person.
TeachwLove is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I remember my first time with a 8th grade class....I came in thinking these kids will be angels....yeah...more like angels from you know where.....

they sat wherever they wanted; didn't do the work; totally talked all over me; even with some of them getting into fights...forget about AP...nowhere to be found....freakin' ridiculous!!!!

Then the regular teacher found out about all of this; of course, I wrote up the instigators...they all got a tongue lashing and some serious work and was told by the teacher himself (he personally even apologized to me!!!) and said they will never act that way again and to try to give them a 2nd chance....

WOW!!!! they were sooo on the ball the next time and every time after that in other classes too...we even became friends and they look forward to seeing me..I see some of them outside of school too and they even come up to talk to me!!!!
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

RadSub19

dreams
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have subbed in some classes that were down right nightmareish! I couldn't DREAM of subbing in worse places after working in these places. hahah!

Sometimes though I do have school dreams...but never a horrible class nightmare. Like I said, I've seen my share of horrible things:-)
RadSub19 is offline   Reply With Quote