Help

Substitute Teachers

New Aesop acceptance page

>

2strike

New Aesop acceptance page
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So ... today Aesop requires the entry of 2 characters, visible at the bottom of the detail page, in order to accept a job.
What will this do to the automatic acceptance programs? If it shuts them out, GREAT!! Everyone should be operating on the same playing field!

2strike is offline   Reply With Quote

springmac

Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure why you feel that way. You could subscribe to an auto acceptance program. If it does shut them out, I'm sure the programmers will figure a way around it.
springmac is offline   Reply With Quote

2strike

Aesop auto acceptance
Old 03-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If everyone subscribes, then no one has an advantage, and the programming company has everyone's money. On an earlier Aesop thread, another member already posted words to this effect, and I agree. In the meantime, the advantage goes to those who buy that advantage. We all want/need the sub jobs. If Aesop sets their system so that everyone's job search is on an equal basis, without anyone being able to buy their way to the front, its fine with me.

I don't know if the programmers can find a way around the "enter the characters" system. A lot of sites use this method. Those sites apparently feel that it at least enhances security.

Last edited by 2strike; 03-23-2010 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: clarification

thordau4

not in my district
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was curious about this and just accepted a job I wasn't really interested in, just to check it out! We don't have to type in characters to see it. - but now I have to go work at a 'too far' elementary school! oh, well, I'm sure it will be fun.
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote
subgirl6

subgirl6

Old 03-24-2010, 03:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just posted about this. I DO use an automated program that my husband created and this new code really bugs me. Why? Because I've subbed in the same district for years and know all the kids by heart - and have always been on a preferred sub list. When we got aesop - it was like all of my hard work and experience didn't matter at all. To me, THAT is what is not fair. I have my "program" set to look for jobs at only one school - the one I've worked in for years.

sunshine*inc

Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

How new is this? I haven't noticed anything, but I've had all my jobs on Aesop assigned to me through the school's office manager. I'll have to check it out the next time I get an assignment by picking it up online.
sunshine*inc is offline   Reply With Quote
subgirl6

subgirl6

Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

That's the funny thing about Aesop. You're right - most of the jobs in the district I work in never even hit the aesop system. They are assigned out my the office straight away. The school I work at doesn't do it was much - but I know the rest of the schools in the district definitely do it that way.

btw - the codes you have to enter to post here make me crazy...

springmac

Auto programs
Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The auto program I use asks for the name of the district for which you are working. It then limits the number of individuals who can sign up for that district. I'm working a LTS job right now, so I haven't used Aesop in a while. Not sure if the code has been implemented here...

springmac

also...
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

The auto accept program I had been using has already found a solution to this problem...

2strike

Aesop auto accept
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hmmm ... in order to accept a job with one of these programs, Aesop's built-in security system has to be defeated.

I guess that pretty well summarizes why I don't like the auto acceptance programs.

new sub

new sub

Auto accept
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

what auto accept program do you use?

showme1canobe

Consider the disadvantages
Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

`2strike` talks about the auto-click programs giving people an unfair advantage. But I don't think you have considered the dis-advantage that many people face because they cannot sit at their computers for long periods of time. In my district, if you are not sitting there, clicking every second when the job gets posted, then you will never get a job using Aesop. That is an unfair dis-advantage that people who have a family to attend to, or have a part-time job somewhere, or peoplel that are otherwise not able to sit at there copmuters for a long period of time have to deal with. The auto-click programs give those people a chance to work.
showme1canobe is offline   Reply With Quote
sub8

sub8

Old 05-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Aesop should be allowed to work the way it was intended to work. There should be no favorites lists for each teacher in the building ( If you are hired by a district, they should assume you are a qualified sub. If you are not qualified, don't renew the contract the following year. ), and jobs should not be assigned through the school or teacher( there should be a random amount a time that goes by before a job posts on Aesop to eliminate a teacher and a sub sitting at a computer to set up a day of absence). If these conditions were met, we would all see and have more opportunities to work at a variety of grade levels. The only people who really lucked out were the ones that were on the sub list the first year the district adopted Aesop. Favorites lists were developed at that time and probably never looked at again!!!! If Aesop really wants to be effective, and the district wants what is best for the students, absences should go to the group of subs that are certified in that particular area first before going to everyone on the list.

seashell

I hate Aesop
Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

As a teacher I hate Aesop! I have a fave 5 list. I want it to contact them first! Someone on line gets it Boo!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jobless

help
Old 12-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Which program? I have been looking and looking...no success.
Jobless is offline   Reply With Quote