Help

Substitute Teachers

The "New Aesop"

>

2strike

The "New Aesop"
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I see notes on Aesop that a new version is being phased in soon. Aesop claims that everyone will love it.

Does anyone have the new version yet?

I'm wondering ... will Check4Change still work with the new version? My guess is that Aesop would like nothing more than to devise a system that will work with their Jobulator and nothing else.

2strike is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

Same thing crossed my mind...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wonder if auto-refresh programs will no longer work with the new format. I caved and payed for Jobulator, but it's paying off - I'm getting a lot of jobs using it.
nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

SunShining

Shoot...
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I hadn't thought about whether Check4Change would still work or not! My district is getting the new Aesop on Monday. If that's before you get it, I'll let you know if C4C still works or not.
SunShining is offline   Reply With Quote

Jobless

Aesop
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not sure when our district will have the new version, so please let us know what you all think. I sure hope C4Change works...let's hope it is easier to find job, not more difficult.
Jobless is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

Not sure when we'll get it, either...
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The site says, "in the next few weeks", but I hope to hear reports from those experiencing it!
I'm really curious to see if it will be better and if C4C will work.

nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

loof1

Wondering
Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

what Check4Change is on Aesop? Could you tell me how to use this? I am new to sub teaching. I have only accepted one job from Aesop since I started subbing three weeks ago. I have been called twice from one elementary school.
Thanks
loof1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Velouria

Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Our new Aesop starts tomorrow I think... which won't affect me now since I start my long term sub position tomorrow, and it goes until the end of the school year. I plan on checking it out though. From the looks of the preview that was posted by the districts, you won't have to click "more info" to accept a job (we don't have captchas like I know some people do) but will be able to just click "accept" next to the job. I'm hoping I'll be hired full time next year and not have to deal with Aesop, but if I do at least it might be easier.
Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote

2strike

For loof1 re C4C
Old 04-23-2012, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Check4Change isn't on Aesop. It is a free add-on, available on the Firefox browser (also free). It basically does the same thing as Aesop's Jobulator, which is NOT free. C4C refreshes the screen automatically, and gives a sound if there are any changes to the screen.

loof1

Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'll check into C4C.
loof1 is offline   Reply With Quote

SunShining

Got it today
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

My district switched to the new Aesop today, and you CAN still use C4C! You just go to the "available jobs" tab and it has the jobs listed or the "no jobs available" message.

2strike

Thanks, SunShining!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I'm sure that many of us are relieved to hear that C4C will still work!

Jobless

More info
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

SunShining: can you give us more info on the new version? What do you think? Is it easier to use? Will finding jobs be easier? Not sure what you mean by available jobs/no jobs tab and C4C?

SunShining

Jobless
Old 04-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I'm not sure so far if it's easier or not. I'm not a huge fan of change so it takes me a bit to get used to something before I have an opinion on it. It is pretty self explanatory when you log in, and I feel like everything's more "right there" than the old version, if that makes any sense?

Right when you log in there's a calendar that shows the current month and the next two months. Then below that it shows your current scheduled jobs. Right under the calendar there are four tabs: Available jobs, Scheduled jobs (which is the default setting), Past jobs, and Non-work days. If you click on the "Available jobs" tab, it will show you any jobs that are available, just like the old version would when you clicked "Search for jobs." If there aren't any, it says "Iím sorry. There are no available assignments at the moment. Please check back later for new postings!" You can highlight this and use C4C (check4change - it's a Firefox add-on that you can download which will refresh the page automatically for you.) Also, at the very top right corner there's a small tab that tells you if any jobs are currently available. I'm assuming this is a way to know if any jobs are available if you are navigating another page on Aesop.

Sorry if that was confusing! I'm still getting used to it so I explained it the best that I could. I'm sure nobody will have too much trouble with the new version.

Jobless

Good explanation
Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Thank you, you gave a great explanation. I am not a fan of Aesop so was worried the newer version would not be user friendly, but it sounds like it is easy to navigate. Will have to wait and see, but glad to hear C4C will work. As I said previously, I use C4C, clicking on Aesop, Jobulator on my computer and Jobulator mobile all at the same time evenings to find jobs. Talk about being tied to a computer! The good news, June is almost here.

Thanks again.

lovetosub

Yes, I have it
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

and I'm so confused!
lovetosub is offline   Reply With Quote
SubMan

SubMan

New Aesop
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

This past week we had a manditory training on it; just a bunch of power point slides that showed what the new screens will look like. For me this will likely be a non issue as I have jobulator on my phone and get nearly all my jobs that way.
Subur

Subur

C4c
Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

C4C does not work the same with the new aesop. The sound feature of C4C does not work with AESOP. It will still refresh the page.

2strike

For Subur ... conflicting info?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Please look at SunShining's post of 4/24. Are you opening the "available jobs" tab before you set C4C?
Subur

Subur

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Yes I am i think that is pretty self explanatory. You will see once your district gets updated. Been trying to do it a couple of different ways also as well as trying other programs. I will update if i do find any success.
Mom of a cat

Mom of a cat

Sound does not work for me either
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I am hitting the available jobs tab and check for change is not working : ( Very sad. Most of my jobs are scheduled ahead, but c 4 c helps me fill in the days in between. Ideas anyone?
kneenad

kneenad

greed has no end
Old 08-22-2012, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Old AESOP was working fine. They changed it to this new AESOP and they are using flash based page because of which C4C is unable to check for the change. Man for noodle's sake most of the subs are broke ass teaching students. Aesop couldn't do without milking money out of substitute teachers? As not getting insurance, no benefits, no job security and harassment from teachers wasn't bad enough. I implore all of you to make a written complaint about AESOP to your school district. Hope that might do something (depending on how many complaints they get.) If I find any other options I will post it.
Lauren_Sub

Lauren_Sub

New Aseop
Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Anyone figure out how to get the new ASEOP to refresh having to manually click?