Substitute Teachers

Don't schedule me without my permission

>

194Delta777

194Delta777

Don't schedule me without my permission
Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

To make long story short: I accepted a full day job for teacher I never met. Teacher cancels my full day, but then schedules me for half day instead (at least she emailed me explaining the switch). I sent her email saying I only took the job b/c it was full day, so I asked her to cancel my name. If she doesn't cancel my name, then I gotta call the school, then call the sub office to explain it's not one of my "3 strikes" for cancelling. Hopefully she gets my reply email . . .

Anyone ever have this happen to them? I knew that regular teachers could request us, but I never knew they could freely schedule us without me clicking the "accept" button

piddleloop

Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

this happened to me this year twice.
I was scheduled for two different teacher's and i was never asked.
So threw up a red flag that probably meant i was "requested" so i jus investigated by talking to the teachers before the shifts and to tell them if i was actually available.

Both we for remedial classes i am accustomed to. The one teacher his last sub, several of the kids broke the door off hinges and broke the classroom tv. He requested me cause i've had them all before.

The other was the same thing. The last sub they had they threw a football at her face and made fun of her til she cried. Man you gotta dish it out to these kids, if you let them have an inch they take miles.

I've had a teacher cancel a full day and replace it with a half day but it is a teacher i exclusively sub for. This anatomy teacher has had me scheduled for every meeting she's had since schools tarted til the end of the year. She's getting an Admin license and is in loads of district meetings. I never say anything. It sort of bums me out, but she uses me exclusively. I do not ever complain.
piddleloop is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercury

Oh Jeeze
Old 03-04-2014, 03:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

At my district this is not possible. I would definitely call and get it straightened out. It should not count against you.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That certainly is presumptuous, especially coming from a teacher you've never met.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

formerteach

Ugh! I hate that!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had a secretary do that to me all the time last year. She would put me in for a job and then I would get the confirmation email. I don't want to work everyday and I felt like she should have at least asked before putting me in!

formerteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Enseigner

No!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is total BS, good for you standing up for yourself. They should never do that. You need to call the school and sub office to let them know what happened regardless.
Enseigner is offline   Reply With Quote