Substitute Teachers

Substitute interview questions

>

1st time sub

1st time sub

Substitute interview questions
Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a substitute interview tomorrow and I was just curious what kinds of questions to expect. I've been a classroom teacher for 5 years but have been unable to secure a full time teaching g position this school year after a military move. It's only supposed to be a 20 minute interview. It will be different for me to look at questions from a substitute perspective.

Thanks in advance!

mkesub

Old 08-22-2014, 04:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Some questions I remember:

What would you do if a student is not doing their assigned work and bothering other students?

Tell about a lesson you did as a teacher that went very well and really engaged your students.

What would you do if you've covered the plans left by the substitute and you have some extra time? What if you get there and there are no plans?

Basic stuff like that... I think they just want to know that you would be able to handle most straightforward situations, but would tell administration if anything ever got serious, and that you have a few ideas of activities/lessons to do with students.
mkesub is offline   Reply With Quote

NewGrandma1

I hadn't heard of interviews for subs
Old 08-24-2014, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How did your interview go? I didn't know that districts interviewed people that wanted to sub. I have heard of schools interviewing subs when looking for a long term sub.
Will you post what some of the questions were so you can benefit others that might have to go through the same process? Thanks!
NewGrandma1 is offline   Reply With Quote

kitekrazy

Old 09-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

They are dumb questions and probably has no effect on you getting hired if they need subs. Those aren't as bizarre as the ones I've had to answer.
kitekrazy is offline   Reply With Quote