Help

Substitute Teachers

Aesop cache problem

>

2strike

Aesop cache problem
Old 03-21-2015, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For several years, I have used Aesop with Check 4 Change, set at a 61 second refresh rate. I have never had a problem. Now, Aesop will give me a cache screen on every other refresh, even if I bump the refresh rate up to 90 seconds. The user agreement allows refresh rates that are not less than 60 seconds.

It's not a computer problem ... I tried my other laptop with the same results.

Is anyone else having this problem? The Frontline "support" people apparently only work on business days.

I wonder if the Jobulator customers are also subjected to this.

2strike is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 03-22-2015, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, jobulator customers are subject to the same "customer support" as you are; 9 to 5, M-F, never a problem with their service only with your computer setup, reinstall is the only solution.

Check 4 Change is an unsupported product with Aesop so what you get is what you get; finger pointing by Frontline.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 03-22-2015, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also used C4C at 61 seconds for a long time and it stopped working for me a couple of months ago. The computer would make its sound and no job would be there. I'd reset it and it did it again and again. Aesop probably put in something to mess up the C4C. Would like to know if anyone here is still using it and getting results.
Sublime is online now   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Aesop cache problem
Old 03-22-2015, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My experience is exactly like 2strike's. I have C4C set to 61 seconds and it gives me a cache screen on every other refresh. My only other problem is it sometimes kicks out of Aesop and I have to log back in. It probably averages 1-2 times a day.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

Ciel

Old 03-23-2015, 04:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I didn't even notice until I read this post, but I have the same issue. I already have Jobulator (I got it so I could check on my phone, not computer) but I liked having c4c on my computer because it wasn't an actual program but rather an add on. And it didn't run all the time unless I told it to. I hate that they did something yet again that messes with c4c. .

Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 03-26-2015, 04:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have C4C set up for 62 seconds and never have an issue with the cache page showing up. However, it automatically logs me out of AESOP after running for exactly one hour. So, I have to re-log into aesop every hour to keep C4C running. They definitely had to have put something on the Aesop website to prevent C4C to run on its own for long periods of time. I am sure that eventually they will figure out a way to prevent C4C to work at all. My experience with jobulator was terrible too with alerts not given to me when jobs are clearly available. The most reliable way to check for jobs is to do it manually. Don't depend on anything else to alert you every single time a job pops up.
NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote