Help

Substitute Teachers

90 certificate means...

>

-fishnic

90 certificate means...
Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

means i can teach 90 full days, or a combination of 90 days (45 full days and 45 half days = 90)? i am confused by this since my district pays an extra $5 per full day after you hit 30 days. after working 31.5 and not getting the rate change i called them and they said they need to retro pay me way back as it is 30 days teaching (i.e. 20 full days +10 half days) so now i am worried that my 90 days will come up too soon if half days count as a full day in that equation.... any thoughts?

-fishnic is offline   Reply With Quote

-fishnic

Old 01-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

also does working as a t/a count against this number?
-fishnic is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

oh man...
Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am emergency lic sub myself. We have similar rules. Our dist. completely and totally ignores them b/c we are so short on subs they HAVE to work them past the 90 days every school year.

In our dist. you don't get lts pay until you have work in the same job consistently for their set number of days. They do not let you work teacher work days or meeting days. ONLY when teh kids are there. Along w/ all the vacations and long weekends our dist has it takes MONTHS to reach that extra pay point. THEN after so many days of THAT you will get a percentage of new teacher pay. I have yet to meet a sub who has gotten taht despite some classes not having a teacher the entire year (if you need a job come on out to KS we need 'em and reg. teacher gets paid really well!)

So, depending on how hard up for teachers your dist is and how they count up their days good luck trying to get you pay. My dist will move you or inhouse a half day to keep from paying a sub the higher rate.

Good luck! Sorry I am not more of a help. P.S. The only time the emerg. sub stuff means things here is when you get a lts job they have to get board approval for you.