Help

Substitute Teachers

Comparative Lit 12

>

35/68

Comparative Lit 12
Old 11-05-2011, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I subbed at one of top 100 high schools (according to Washington Post). 6 period day (of course) 4 period days are only for poorer schools. 3 Classes compared and contrasted using (T chart and essay) a Vietnam short story with a WWI war poem. 3 periods honors English, 2 Periods regular English ( Regular had an assignment to define and use 20 words in sentences ( most did not do it, only foreign and immigrant students tried to complete) . Saw top and bottom in one day with one teacher. What are we going to do with such disparate cultures. I had no problem with any kids , because my daughter had gone to school with "LiL Wayne"

35/68 is offline   Reply With Quote

StellatheSub

Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What are we going to do???? Not much. Place blame where it doesn't lie, like they always do.......... Blame the curriculum, the teaching methods, the administration....... You can't teach motivation.
StellatheSub is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

As my dad says with respect...
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We always need people to work the jobs that have to get done to keep society moving. Those who do not go to college and/or do not find their particular niche that requires a particular level of education will fill those jobs and we need them. I think you met a "well rounded society" today. lol
subczy is offline   Reply With Quote