Substitute Teachers

Long-Term Sub

>

#1BillsFan

Long-Term Sub
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey everyone,

I'm starting a long-term sub position on Tuesday in First grade. I want to send a letter home with the kids that day introducing myself to their families. I was wondering if anyone had a letter template I could use or ideas on what I should include in this letter? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much

#1BillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

BayAreaSub

Don't have a template, but...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you might mention in your letter if you are or have been "working closely with Mr./Mrs. X it see that everything is in place for Room ABC to have a fine rest of the year, next 6 weeks, whatever." Mention what you will be continuing to do in class that has been done all year, so that you settle down the parents.
BayAreaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

You might
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

want to see what communication the current teacher has done and also run your letter past the principal.

I don't have a template, but here are some thoughts about what I'd put in a letter.

I'd let the parents know my name, something about my experience (if I'm not in my first teaching job), how pleased to be working with their students for the next _______ weeks. Maybe include something about homework policy (it will be the same, might change a bit over the next few weeks). Perhaps how glad you'd be to have a chance to meet them while you are their child's teacher.

You also may want to meet with the principal or designee and get an end of the year time line: testing, report cards, cums, etc. and your responsibilities for them. You'll also probably be packing up the classroom for summer cleaning.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherinWA

How long?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Will you be in the class until the end of the year?
If so I would recommend having a meeting to introduce yourself to the parents so you can let them know about your qualifications, classroom management, discipline . . . . could save you from a lot of headaches later.
teacherinWA is offline   Reply With Quote

#1BillsFan

Thank you
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you so much for all of the ideas. Yes, I will be in there until the end of the year. I worked closely with the teacher in March to get everything situated, subbed for her a few days and met the students. That's a great idea to have a parent meeting. I will talk with the principal on Monday to see how I should go about doing that. Thanks again

#1BillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote