Help

Retired Teachers

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

>

NJ Teacher

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
Old 11-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just wanted to take the time to wish my friends on here a wonderful Thanksgiving. When I was teaching, we would be dismissed at 12:45 and then the running around would begin. It is even a bit worse for my working teacher friends now, because my state changed how they calculate minutes for minimum contact days, and the students are not given a scheduled lunch/recess, where previously, they were shortened and while no food was sold in the cafeteria, you did get that break. Now, you are supposed to give the kids a "working snack" and can take them out for a recess on your own. Most of the teachers at my grade level had afternoon specials, so it was a LONG day.

I will have three others over, and in recent years, my neighbor who is one of the people and I have gone to The Fresh Market supermarket to cater it. Best decision we ever made. I usually do my own sides in addition, but this year we will be going to Key West on Tuesday, so don't want a lot of leftovers. I enjoy cooking and baking, but the mess in my small kitchen, not so much. And I am thankful not to have to travel, especially since the weather in so many part of the country is dicey.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday, and safety if you have to travel.

NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 11-27-2019, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

We are having my daughter and grandson over, as SIL has to work. DD2 lives too far away for us to travel there.

I am making a leg of goat with rosemary, potatoes, a lemon cheesecake, a chess pie, pumpkin pie, and some green veg of some kind. I also bought a turkey but it won't thaw in time.
blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Thank you!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving holiday as well.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

jks

Old 11-28-2019, 04:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

No words NJ Teacher!!! Glad we are all retired!

It is even a bit worse for my working teacher friends now, because my state changed how they calculate minutes for minimum contact days, and the students are not given a scheduled lunch/recess, where previously, they were shortened and while no food was sold in the cafeteria, you did get that break.Now, you are supposed to give the kids a "working snack" and can take them out for a recess on your own.
jks is offline   Reply With Quote