Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Circle Time Rug Frustrations

>

openoceans10

Circle Time Rug Frustrations
Old 09-20-2018, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I am new to Proteacher. I joined looking for a solution to my circle time rug problems and found this site. Would love to join your discussions!
I never seem able to clean my crcle time rug properly and ths name tage I've made for it keep.coming off. Any suggestions, solutions or alternatives? Would be greatly appreciated.

openoceans10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish whisper

Irish whisper

Welcome :-)
Old 10-02-2018, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use a square of felt that each child sits on. They are all different colors and each child’s name is written in marker on it.
Luv4K

Luv4K

Alternative to name tags
Old 10-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi! I have a circle time rug that has alphabet letters around the outside edge that the children sit on.
Instead of using name tags on my circle time rug, I write each child's name on my magnetic chalkboard. Next to each name, I place a magnetic letter corresponding to the letter he or she sits on during circle time. Seems to work for my four-year-olds.
jlambjune

jlambjune

How to keep it clean
Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What I have been able to do was use duct tape with the child's name on it and then it does not come up as easily, a vacuum cleaner also is great for cleaning the rug itself, or you can get it dry cleaned but that is a little more expensive. I hope this helps!