Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Help the new teacher out :)

>

missthird

Help the new teacher out :)
Old 03-11-2018, 12:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any ideas on professional development I can look into for preschool. I tested into early childhood, (I'm an elementary ed major) taught third two years then moved to pre-k. l have no curriculum. I also had 27 students this year. Online classes, books, articles, ideas, would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

missthird is offline   Reply With Quote

RealisticPreK

Old 03-21-2018, 12:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

www.prekpages.com
www.themeasuredmom.com
www.thisreadingmama.com (her learning the alphabet section is fantastic)
www.heidisongs.com (check out her blog, and I would buy her $15 CDs on letters and sounds, numbers and shapes and the first and second ones on sight words)
teachpreschool.com

go to the Kindergarten page on this website and read the comments from:

iteachk2010
jacque (search)
addiej (a while ago--search)

good luck. I made binders of letters and numbers and shapes which I use during circle time, as Heidi songs plays on the CD. Then I leave them around. My kids this year have loved looking at them in the afternoon, and have done it for pleasure daily for the past 2 or 3 months. Sometimes I will play the CDs as they look at them. It has really accelerated their learning.

I just commented on this, so I will reprint my comment here:

You might like to go to websites like:
this reading mama.com

and print out her large colored letters (found on page 11 in each of the letter boxes at this site: https://thisreadingmama.com/free-abc-printable-packs/) You do have to click on each letter, scroll down and click again, and then go to page 11 to find each letter.) I laminated my letters and then put them in a 3 ring binder from Dollar Tree and left them on the floor for kids to view. I also play a $15 CD I got from Heidi Songs, her letters and sounds one. In the beginning I would flash each letter as the song played, to get them used to the letters.
RealisticPreK is offline   Reply With Quote