Help

Substitute Teachers

Fun day

>

spedder1

Fun day
Old 12-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got a a phone call earlier this week from an Autism teacher, asking me if I could sub for her. We worked it out so I could sub for her today. She told me that her new para was so excited I was going to be there. The para is a former para, and friend, of mine. We worked together so long that I swear we can read each others' minds. It helped that one student's parent withdrew him. Another student was absent. Both are stinkers. We had a ton of fun today. The other 2 Autism teachers are great and made sure to tell me they would call me personally if they needed me. That's what I wanted to hear!

I feel so much better subbing this year. The lack of stress of a long term sub job is amazing. Even if I work 5 days/week it is still different from working 5 days/week for several weeks. I am working 5 days next week in 2 different buildings. I'm keeping busy, which is what a want to do! I'm also taking mental health days as often as possible. When I'm not feeling good, I take myself off of the availability list. I finally listened to those of you who told me I was overdoing it.

Kahty

spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am so glad you are taking care of yourself. Happy to hear subbing is working out for you.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Good point!
Old 12-07-2018, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm so glad you are doing better and are happy.

I can only imagine how stressful a long-term subbing assignment would be. (7 days with a kinder class is the longest I 've done so far). You are so right about taking breaks when we need them. Especially for our "physical and mental health"! That's a benefit of subbing day by day. We can always opt to take a day off for a needed break.

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 12-07-2018 at 05:51 AM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote